Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else getting this error message when trying to start the installed servicebox/sedre program??

tried rolling back to the last couple of restore points using system restore with no joy :confused:

just wondered if anyone had any ideas before i guess having to try reinstalling it :(

screen-shot-09-05-18-at-10-45-.jpg

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ian

yep tried that first of all no joy ,
Then tried using system restore to roll windows back to before the last windows update still no joy :(

Have just noticed my now tv player stopped working and i have had to reinstall it to get it working..
I guess a windows update has mucked up something somewhere,everything else seems to be working that i can see

so looking like i might have to bite the bullet and try reinstalling servicebox when i get some time,was hoping there might have been an easier solution thats all

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Windows 10 is a real pain with its unannounced upgrades. I have sort of managed to prevent it just taking over and installing upgrades so I can do a full backup first before doing the upgrade myself, like it used to be. It allows me then to roll the upgrade back if it trashes any of my programs and figure out what to do before re-attempting the upgrades. It trashed my setup on numerous occasions before and it took me days and even weeks to recover my programs/work. Bloody nuisance!!!!

Try starting it in compatibility mode. It MIGHT work but not holding my breath... :(

I run my servicebox in VMWare under windows 7 64bit on this computer. No issues there. Also have moved quite a few programs I have into VMWare as they work with no issues under windows 7. I also have another desktop running windows 7 as a backup with vulnerable programs on it. If there was another option out there, I would dump microsoft in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried running in xp-sp3 compatability mode as its W7 im running but with no joy..

Uninstalled ,reinstalled and have got sedre running but servicebox wont load ,webpage comes up but says an error has occured try again later..

Copied missing MSVR71+MSVP71dll files or whatever there called from sedre to servicebox,i read about on a citreon forum i googled but made no difference..

Had a similiar problem before when i installed servicebox but its been that long i just cant for the life of me work out what it is i need to do.:confused:

I will keep plugging away at it :)

·
5,632 Posts
Make sure that the web address is added to the browser safe sites list and if using IE or similar browser that its in compatibility mode and your java is up to date/installed

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all taking the time to help.

Finally after uninstalling,reinstalling,uninstalling and reinstalling a third time i got both SEDRE+SERVICEBOX working again :)
Didnt do anything different the third time but guess i got lucky :)

As i said to WillNZ by pm "I think working with PSA software is very similiar to working on there cars..frustrating but you get there in the end" :)

Cheers guys!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts