Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Really looking for some help. Im trying to install an aftermarket radio however i dont know what wire going to the 207's radio is for the power/acc? I think its the red cable but there are 2 in the existing radio and i dont want to go chopping wires guessing.

I went to halfords who sold me the wrong harness, went back for the second one however there is a red cable for the power ready. Its just i dont know which one to attach it to from the stock radio.
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rory

Radio installed

how to capture screen

current wires

photo upload sites

New radio showing red power cable

images upload

wiring diagram for new radio

uploading pictures

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a red wire like that when I changed my citroen c3 radio. On that car the red wire needed to be connected to a 12v power supply which turns on and off with the ignition. I connected it to the cigaret lighter on the car, it should be the same for you but I can't be %100 sure

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks stephen, i think they are both similar but there are 2 red wires in my case {second photo} i just hoped someone else had the same issue on a 207 and could advise on which is the correct for the power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That stock radio and adaptor is the same I had with my c3, i just can't remember how I installed it. I do remember that the c3 has a wiring problem where the wires are mixed up which is why the red wire was connected to a 12v supply (I assumed the 207 is the same) maybe you might find more look at seeing how its done on a c3 as there is a lot on the internet about fit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts