Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 02 1.6 perol 307 and im getting a funny noise from the gearbox,if the car is running in neutral and i put pressure on the gearstick (pull it into gear with the clutch not engaged only slightly)i get a spinning noise,the box is a recondition one and only 3 months old,is this noise input shaft bearing(woulnt this have been renewed on reconditioning)or thrust bearing any advice would be grateful.

S

·
0 Posts
So whats it like under normal conditions?

Why would you be concerned about a noise it makes when you do something to it that you shouldn't do to it? am I missing something here!?

Also, has it got oil in it, heard a few stories of people fitting boxes and forgetting to top fluids up!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oil is fine 2 litres everything was fine for two months now im getting a tappety spinning noise this noise can happen at tick over and if not if i put pressure on gearstick the noise returns. would the input shaft bearing have been replaced when the box was reconditioned?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Like stubbo I can't figure why you're trying to move the gear lever without pushing the clutch. You'll wreck the gearbox. To answer your question these are the symtoms:
Input Shaft Bearing: whirring noise in neutral which dissappears when clutch is depressed, low-pitched whine in 1st gear.
Release Bearing: Whirring/whistling noise when the clutch pedal is pushed even slightly. Vibration through pedal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts