Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I there I have had a kocking when pulling of and bad pulling over the road for the last few weeks checked lower arm bushes there ok done bottom ball joints as they had play and now have found the play to be the inner tie bars from the steering rack have loads of play. ive just orderd 2 of them what there like to replace also what size spanner is the nut on the tie bar and also any tips if awkward to get to thanks craig

Peugeot 307 2.0hdi 90bhp

·
5,665 Posts
I replaced both inner track rods on my 307 sw. Not a bad job cannot remember nut sizes think it was 19 or 21mm on outer tie rod.

I changed the outer tie rods as well as they were quite cheap and getting the old ones unscrewed from the rods can be a problem if they are old/original

Inner end I just used some pipe grips (you may get away with large mole grip).

Hardest part was refitting rack boots, I used two jubilee clips to secure due to poor access to refit/replace standard clips.

Tracking will need to be checked after rods changed.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I replaced both inner track rods on my 307 sw. Not a bad job cannot remember nut sizes think it was 19 or 21mm on outer tie rod.

I changed the outer tie rods as well as they were quite cheap and getting the old ones unscrewed from the rods can be a problem if they are old/original

Inner end I just used some pipe grips (you may get away with large mole grip).

Hardest part was refitting rack boots, I used two jubilee clips to secure due to poor access to refit/replace standard clips.

Tracking will need to be checked after rods changed.
i agree it took longer to do the rack boots then anything else

a good pair of mole grips will be needed. theres no nut on the end. they arent that tight but you need a good grip

·
5,665 Posts
Yep you are right brain fade on my part :confused: pinch bolt on outer tie rod no locknuts. I found 18" stillson worked well on inner joint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts