Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the process of changing the flywheel and clutch in my 307 sw 2.0 HDi 110. Before the clutch change I was having problems with shaking from side to side when accelerating hard. This was worse at low rpms. The problem only really started after a three run at 80mph (on a private road).

Just before the clutch failed I changed both front wishbones which were advisories on the last coupe of mots. This seemed to make things a bit better. I’ve already changed the lower engine mount and the gearbox mount last year.

As I’m removing the driveshafts I can properly check them. I’ve got the o/s one off so far. The inner joint feels smooth unless you try and rotate it at extreme angles. There is about 1 mm of play if you hold the shaft and try and rotate the joint.

Does anyone know what I should be looking for?

·
5,891 Posts
Inner joint are just "Pot Joints" to allow for the change in length of the shaft as the suspension moves and therefore only designed for in and out movement not angular.

Outer joints should move freely with about 30 Degrees of movement, there will be a slight amount of movement in the joints but not excessive so 1 mm maybe ok how do the compare side to side

1 - 2 of 2 Posts