Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I wanted to replace inline fuel filter for my 407 (2.0 petrol). I kind of tough, that it will easy task but somehow I could not figure out how to release those quick connectors on fuel lines. I was bit in hurry and forgot to take a picture of the connector but it looks exactly like this :

There seem to be two stage locking mechanism. The triangle looking part is coming up but what should I do with rest of it? Push in? Pull out? Is it a horse shoe type of clip? Or do I need some special tool? If i break the clip then is it available as spare part?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, this was not the case. I figured it out my self yesterday. The triangle/funnel shaped part has to come up and rest of it has to be pressed in. And then it separates. But you need like 3 hands for it so it can be tricky if you are alone. Also it helps if you push connector towards to filter before pulling the connector off. And same time you should push the clip and extend the triangle/funnel shaped part. I'm sure, that there is a good tool for this job but it can be done also with bare hands (and patience :rolleyes:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts