Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how big a job removing the inlet manifold is anyone have any links to videos or anything

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was taking it off because I have an egr fault and was told it could be the ports in the inlet manifold blocked up

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pain in the ass to be honest a good bit of stripping and had to remove the injector pipes and had to do a bit of stripping down the back of the engine to get at them

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Put on a second hand egr that I was promised was good done the glow plugs cleaned the dpf got a new bag of eolys fluid and fitted it took it to the local garage and got the eolys fluid level reset and tried to do a forced regen but it stopped half way through because it's still showing up an egr fault so I'd say the next thing is a new egr and see where I go from there

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
When you said done the glow plugs was that put new ones in? If so I take it you did it with the engine in situ. If so are you a contortionist? My glow plugs do not work on my 1.4Hdi but they are not needed for dpf as luckily the car is not fitted with it. It did mean it was stuck in limp mode but I overcame that by fooling the relay with a 1 ohm resistor to take the place of the plugs. But I would like to replace the plugs but for me it would mean a engine out. Being 71 and arthritic I have tried to see them and struggle both from above and below. But as they can be a pain to get out with the possibility of shearing apparently I am still weighing up the pros and cons. Unless it is a really SEVERE WINTER I am told this engine is good to start down to -6 or so. So did yours come out easy or was there any tricks or special tools you needed to use?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya done them in situ bit of a pain alright just stripped away everything above them so quite time consuming I didn't have any shear thank God but as soon as I felt any resistance I was tightening and loosening a quarter turn at a time it's amazing what damage tiny bit of carbon build up can do if your not careful all 4 of my glow plugs were gone and my car never went into limp mode and even with them done and that fault cleared I still have no heater light when I switch on the ignition

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
The limp mode due glow plug failure turns out to be controlled by which fuel system the engine has. Mine has a Siemens system which is the one which does it! Anyway the light will only come on if it is cold enough to trigger the system I believe. On my car during fault finding I found that the filament of this indication was kaput and so I had to get a replacement speedo. Trouble with that is the mileage of the car is compromised in that whatever the replacement unit comes with is now what the car has supposedly done. OK if it is less than the original I suppose but not so good if its more! Mine was over by a lot but I just stuck stickers by it to show the original figure. Whether the MOT tester takes any notice is neither here or there mind!
I suppose as you had the manifold off it really helped with access but it would still not be easy. I have just had the clutch and drive shafts replaced but did not ask them to do the plugs as they were too busy. I might get round to it if we have a nice September!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Done them when I still had the manifold on it wasn't that bad just time consuming and make sure to strip away whatever is in your way at the back of the engine. On side note I put on a new egr last night and it seems to have sorted my problem must just get the dpf reset now and away we go

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Good job. I had worked on the back of the block removing the egr valve and pipes as part of the limp mode saga and in fact checked everything that could cause it. That included brake and clutch switches, fan circuit (where I found a broken wire on the high speed control and thought I had fixed it but alas no) and the egr solenoid. It was only when a member suggested fooling the glow plug control circuit that there was resistance from the plugs with the resistor that it came out of limp. But what did not help when troubleshooting was a couple of times when I started the car from cold that I found if I slammed the throttle to the floor that the car revved past 2850rpm. If I then did a few full down up selections it was OK then just as suddenly it decided to go back into limp! So it was a beggar to fault find. The funny thing was that all during the thread I kept saying that the glow plugs could be the culprit but all the experts on these cars were adamant that you could even remove the electric circuitry and it would make no difference except for the dpf models that need the plugs for regen. But thankfully the member was spot on and she runs fine now. But to get back to access doing those pipes was a pain so for me to get to the plugs will be impossible in situ.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts