Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As instructed by a few members i recut injector seats before replacing all seals and at first i thought it was fixed waited a few days and checked last nite and theres small puddles of diesel around injectors again any ideas ? Could supply or return pipe be leaking ? How can i check if an injector is leaking any tricks to this ? How about if i put water over injectors would bubbles apear ect ?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you replace the very small seals on the injector return lines? 28 cents each from the dealer. Did you torque down the injectors?
Hi thx for reply no i didnt replace o rings on return lines u think i should try that ? And injectors were definately tightened enough

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I would take a look at the leak off connectors and pipes. They don't last forever, I've had them leak at 70k and now 125k. The pipes will in time perish as well.

You can get a complete set of connectors, clips and pipework off fleabay for around £20.

For the time being, I'd leave the injectors alone - you've tightened them up - the washers will have been compressed. If you now loosen off, your'e guaranteed a leak.

As I say, leak off pipes - if nothing else as a preventative measure - you never know that might solve the leak, it did for me.

Let us know what happens :nod:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would take a look at the leak off connectors and pipes. They don't last forever, I've had them leak at 70k and now 125k. The pipes will in time perish as well.

You can get a complete set of connectors, clips and pipework off fleabay for around £20.

For the time being, I'd leave the injectors alone - you've tightened them up - the washers will have been compressed. If you now loosen off, your'e guaranteed a leak.

As I say, leak off pipes - if nothing else as a preventative measure - you never know that might solve the leak, it did for me.

Thx for advice cnt find set for car could u send me a link plz if u can find em what they called ? Thx

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Also any advice fittin new leak offs ? When youve took them all off injectors where is the end connected ? And how do you remove it ? Thx

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
You will have either the siemens or bosch fuel system - just search ebay for leak off connectors.

The leak off pipes simply connect each injector and return the fuel to the fuel tank, so each injector is connected to the one on its right (standing at the front of the car). The left most connector is only connected to that on its right, it only has an outlet and the other connectors have an inlet (from the injector to its left) and an outlet (to the the injector to its right). Image the left most connector it 'L' shaped and the others are 'T' shaped. The right most injector has an inlet and an outlet - but this outlet goes back into the fuel tank.

Each system uses metal clips - you push the connector into the injector body and push the clip over it. No special tools (perhaps pliers to get the old clips out).

Easy job - I'm not at all mechanically minded - but I managed to do it.

Have a look here - you can see what I mean by the shape of the connectors

BOSCH COMMON RAIL DIESEL INJECTOR LEAK-OFF CONNECTOR KIT. 1 x 90 3 x 180.1M HOSE | eBay

The bosch and siemens connectors and clips are different - this link is for the bosch system.:thumb:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You will have either the siemens or bosch fuel system - just search ebay for leak off connectors.

The leak off pipes simply connect each injector and return the fuel to the fuel tank, so each injector is connected to the one on its right (standing at the front of the car). The left most connector is only connected to that on its right, it only has an outlet and the other connectors have an inlet (from the injector to its left) and an outlet (to the the injector to its right). Image the left most connector it 'L' shaped and the others are 'T' shaped. The right most injector has an inlet and an outlet - but this outlet goes back into the fuel tank.

Each system uses metal clips - you push the connector into the injector body and push the clip over it. No special tools (perhaps pliers to get the old clips out).

BOSCH COMMON RAIL DIESEL INJECTOR LEAK-OFF CONNECTOR KIT. 1 x 90 3 x 180.1M HOSE | eBay

The bosch and siemens connectors and clips are different - this link is for the bosch system.:thumb:
Hi how do i know if i have bosh or siemans ? And i know how they come off ect. I removed them to do the injector seals what i meant was when ive took the 4 off injectors it then runs round to the left where does it go and how do i disconnect it ? Also if mine are bosh will that kit do what u sent me a picture of ? And i just cut off the correct lengths put connectors on and use my existing metal clips ?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Just realised that kit comes with new clips lol

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bosch or siemens - have a look at your fuel filter - 3 pipes = siemens, 2 pipes = bosch.

Also have a look at the clips - one side longer that the other = siemens, both sides same length = bosch.

The ebay link is the bosch kit - notice that the clips are the same length each side.

This is the siemens clip :

Siemens Common Rail Leak Off Clip / Securing pin x1 | eBay
Thx for your help excellent mine is bosch clips were same length when i took them off. So will that kit fit what you linked me to and how do i cut pipe ? With stanley blade ? Thx

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
See if you can see a nameplate on the high pressure fuel pump which is near the alternator. If you can see the name of the manufacturer then you know for sure which system you have
Hi thx i have bosch i already ordered the kit off ebay how do i cut pipe down what tool is best ? Also which pipes do i replace inbetween each connector but do i use the old pipe to go to connector one or replace the pipe that leads to connector one ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi i know its an old thread but iv got same issues...
Replace leak off pipes with new one and clips but when u rev engine it blows the pipe off under the throttle body its like the return fuel is not going anywhere its a siemens system 2.0 hdi pug expert.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts