Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced copper washers on all injectors and replaced rubber seal and plastic collar on injector 3 as that one was making a hissing noise and had oil all around it. Replaced them anyway everything looked ok then now 2 weeks later oil build up all around injector 3 again no leaking noise though. Is oil meant to be inbetween the copper washer and rubber seal down the hole ?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replaced copper washers on all injectors and replaced rubber seal and plastic collar on injector 3 as that one was making a hissing noise and had oil all around it. Replaced them anyway everything looked ok then now 2 weeks later oil build up all around injector 3 again no leaking noise though. Is oil meant to be inbetween the copper washer and rubber seal down the hole ?
Anyone ??

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you clean/cut the seat down the bottom of injector hole?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hi how are u meant to clean it ? I just got old copper seals out and blew abit of air dwn the hole with compressure to shift any debry and put new copper seal on i dont think that seal is leaking as it isnt making any noises like before i changed them. Where does oil come from below the copper washer ? I thought only fuel was dwn that hole but i dont get where oil is from is there oil holes between the rubber seal and copper seal half way up the tunnel ? If i knew where oil came from might help me get a better idea whats happening im sure copper seals are working ?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need an injector seat cutter. Guaranteed repeat failure if the seat is not recut.
As regards the oil, what colour, black or what?

Hi yes oil is black its bulit up like a thick clump at side of injector. How is it getting up past rubber seal at top its new. And is oil coming from below copper washer ? I thought only fuel was dwn through the hole ? Also how does cutter work does it just take a thin layer of metal off or something ? Thx mate

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What size injector cutter ? And how do u use it just turn by hand ? How do you stop dirt and metal going dwn hole

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It'll only be small shards of aluminium. I blow them out wit an air pistol.

Ok so how do i do it just turn it so many times ? Also u asked bout the oil if it was black it is its building up in a pile like sludge i think where does it come from is there oil under copper washer i thought only fuel in there

D

·
0 Posts
Turn it a few times to clean the seat fully. Clean off all the injector and fit a new washer nylon shoulder and top seal and itll be fine. Only doing the washer is a waste of time.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The oil is not oil its the carbonised diesel getting past the seal as david says recut clean seal oil gone :)
Cheers mate that explains alot now i understand i just didnt get how oil got through now i know its diesel lol thx what does david mean by nylon shoulder ?

·
Registered
488 Posts
what does david mean by nylon shoulder ?
This is the seal kit for the 1.6 hdi injector.
1 x copper washer
1x top oil seal (black)
1x nylon Protector (white in colour)

e.g. PEUGEOT CITROEN 1.6 HDi DIESEL INJECTOR SEALS WASHERS & PROTECTORS 198185 1982A0 | eBay

As the lads said recut the base where the injector seal (copper washer) sits, fit a new seal kit and you should be good to go...:thumb:

I use this reseating kit....:nod:
Laser Diesel Injector Re-Seating Cutting Tool Set, BMW Mercedes Renault L4597 | eBay

You need to steady yourself and research,find the correct way to do any job correctly....I know we all have to learn but be patient and you will find the answer in time....like the old saying "measure twice and cut once"...;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is the seal kit for the 1.6 hdi injector.
1 x copper washer
1x top oil seal (black)
1x nylon Protector (white in colour)

e.g. PEUGEOT CITROEN 1.6 HDi DIESEL INJECTOR SEALS WASHERS & PROTECTORS 198185 1982A0 | eBay

As the lads said recut the base where the injector seal (copper washer) sits, fit a new seal kit and you should be good to go...:thumb:

I use this reseating kit....:nod:
Laser Diesel Injector Re-Seating Cutting Tool Set, BMW Mercedes Renault L4597 | eBay

You need to steady yourself and research,find the correct way to do any job correctly....I know we all have to learn but be patient and you will find the answer in time....like the old saying "measure twice and cut once"...;)
No problem thx i already have nylon protectors i just didnt know what he meant as peugeot sold them to me as plastic collars many thx and why is top seal called an oil seal if its diesel coming up not oil.

·
Registered
488 Posts
why is top seal called an oil seal if its diesel coming up not oil.
if you look at the layout of the dv6 engine (1.6hdi) the injectors sit in a steel sleeve which is surrounded by two camshafts/valves which create a lot of oil mist/spray etc so the top of this sleeve needs an oil seal to prevent the oil from entering the injector chamber and externally onto the top of the head/cam box....:nod:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if you look at the layout of the dv6 engine (1.6hdi) the injectors sit in a steel sleeve which is surrounded by two camshafts/valves which create a lot of oil mist/spray etc so the top of this sleeve needs an oil seal to prevent the oil from entering the injector chamber and externally onto the top of the head/cam box....:nod:
Ah i see good info thank you. Is it normal when i take off the air breather intake the white piece that goes into the side of the rocker cover and has an o ring to seal it. Well when i remove it small amounts of oil is passing from rocker cover into the breather and i assume goes down into the turbo is this normal ? I didnt think it was but then i came to the conclusion it wouldnt connect to rocker cover if this wasnt meant to happen

·
Registered
488 Posts
Ah i see good info thank you. Is it normal when i take off the air breather intake the white piece that goes into the side of the rocker cover and has an o ring to seal it. Well when i remove it small amounts of oil is passing from rocker cover into the breather and i assume goes down into the turbo is this normal ? I didnt think it was but then i came to the conclusion it wouldnt connect to rocker cover if this wasnt meant to happen
This is normal and the o-ring is the only seal on the engine breather pipe.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts