Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all im new to this forum and after some advice please.
one of the injector seals is blowing so i have removed it and the only seal i can see is a plastic ring that has a hairline crack in it.
now im told from the dealer there is 3 parts that need to be changed the plastic ring a copper ring and a rubber ring.
in the head it seems soft so is this the rubber ring ?

any tips on were the 3 bits are or should be would be great thanks

D

·
0 Posts
You need the three bits yes. Copper seal, rubber seal and then nylon injector locator fitted in that order from bottom up.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need the three bits yes. Copper seal, rubber seal and then nylon injector locator fitted in that order from bottom up.

Sent from my GT-S5690
thanks for you reply i worked out the rubber seal fits in the head taped that home using a socket the copper ring just slides off the injector ive no idea what im ment to do with this?

D

·
0 Posts
Hold in on with a bit of grease. Thats what i do.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hold in on with a bit of grease. Thats what i do.

Sent from my GT-S5690
Really so I take it there's no way of it falling deaper into the engine I would have though it would have cliped onto the injector somehow. Well fingures crossed its sealed took it for a drive and it seems fine with just the plastic collar and rubber ring

D

·
0 Posts
Really so I take it there's no way of it falling deaper into the engine I would have though it would have cliped onto the injector somehow. Well fingures crossed its sealed took it for a drive and it seems fine with just the plastic collar and rubber ring
The copper washer seals the injector not the other two bits. It may leak again.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The copper washer seals the injector not the other two bits. It may leak again.

Sent from my GT-S5690
Hopefully it stays sealed until I get rid of the hopefuly it will be off my hands in the next month or 2 but won't be used much if it starts to blow I'll put the copper washer with a bit of copper grease. Thanks for your advice

·
Registered
171 Posts
When i first got my hdi 90 it had a blowing injector on cylinder 4, bought a sealing kit and started taking them all out...
Would appear that the guy i bought it from had coated the body of injector 3 & 4 with NO NAILS! And plopped them back in to seal them!
Took forever to remove the black burned adhesive residue from everywhere!!

Rant over - Sorry to hijack your post :D

Ade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When i first got my hdi 90 it had a blowing injector on cylinder 4, bought a sealing kit and started taking them all out...
Would appear that the guy i bought it from had coated the body of injector 3 & 4 with NO NAILS! And plopped them back in to seal them!
Took forever to remove the black burned adhesive residue from everywhere!!

Rant over - Sorry to hijack your post :D

Ade.
Now there's an idea one sure way to keep the copper washer in place lol:). Not

1 - 9 of 9 Posts