Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again,

I've looked on the forums and found lots of info on leaking injectors.. Number 2 injector is leaking quite badly and seems to have been like this for a while..
After taking off the clamp allen key screws (7mm allen key),and squirting the studs with wd40, i've managed to shear the E6 Torx head off the rear stud without anything moving..
There is very,very slight movement in the base of the injector when gently levered side to side with a screw driver..
Does anyone know if the clamp plate is tapped to accept these studs or will the clamp pass over the thread on the studs??
Anyone any ideas apart from trying to drill these studs out... HELP!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a quick update,

I left the car overnight with a good dousing of wd40 and stalked inside to make a brew and search the forums for more info..

After realising that the clamp plate holes are a clearance fit over the studs that hold the injector down,i made sure the engine was hot, turned off the engine and then untightened the allen keyed nuts,but not completely removed from the studs.

I then re-started the engine whilst using a screw driver at either side and gently rocked the injector side to side and could see the injector lifting slightly.
The chugging went from just a small amount to nearly a steam engine under the bonnet. I turned the engine off and disconnected the electrical feeds,fuel feed and return, then tried to lift the injector......

Still no free injector,although it does move slightly side to side with the help of a screw driver....
I then reconnected everything and did more stalking and brew making.

I then visited a local garage who informed me that my injector was in fact No3 not No2 as i'd thought, but who also gave me what looks like a pulling tool that screws on top of the injector after the plastic cap is removed.

Now,before i go out and buy a 29mm long reach socket i need to know,

A. has anyone used this method before.
B. was it successful.
C. if so does this cap need to be removed.
D. and if so does this do anything towards the car recognising the injector (i don't mean literally).... Help...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts