Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Need some help diagnosing an issue with the Battery on an 807 2.2 Hdi 06 Executive.

History - very long but i'll keep it short. The cambelt failed and spent 9 weeks in the workshop having pretty much everything on the engine replaced. Anyway when I got it back all running fine but noticed that if you attempted to start the engine soon after you turned on the ignition you didn't have enough grunt to start it. However, if you left it for a minute you did.

A multimeter shows that 14v is being provided when engine running and that the battery has 12.5v when engine off. But then I noticed that the voltage goes down to 11v when the key (ignition) is initially switched on, then recovers back to normal.

Any ideas?

When the ignition is switched on, you can hear something powered up, fuel pump?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Jamie.

PS: Can't go back to garage as warranty been exhausted

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Its likely to be a poor earth, most likely where the battery earth connects to the floor under the drivers feet. Use a 10mm spanner to loosen and tighten the bolt while pulling hard on the cable so you don't disconnect. If this doesn't help try the same on both ends of the earth cable between gearbox and adjacent chassis leg. Check the battery terminals as well as all the connections to the starter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi wynb,

Thanks for the heads up. Will look at it this weekend and let you know.

Cheers
Jamie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts