Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well my clutch has finally gone and would like advise on how to remove th gearbox im NOT planning on taking it to a garage as i dont have the money they want possible even changing the dual mass to a standard one but dont know where to start any links info and ebay links would be greatly apriciated

02 plate 2.0ltr d turbo hdi 110 bhp

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
i believe their is a fully detailed post on removing engine and gearbox to get at the clutch/flywheel, on a 407, on the forum, which would come to light with a search in the box top of page. Should be of interest to you.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
its a time consuming job, you wouldn't want a time limit to work with, like needing the car soon. The pro's are quick 8hrs I think, but they do them everyday.

·
Registered
673 Posts
ok well my clutch has finally gone and would like advise on how to remove th gearbox im NOT planning on taking it to a garage as i dont have the money they want possible even changing the dual mass to a standard one but dont know where to start any links info and ebay links would be greatly apriciated

02 plate 2.0ltr d turbo hdi 110 bhp
Tiko....exact same car as mine..('03 dturbo 2.0 110...140k)...ive just had a solid conversion done on mine £490....expensive but wow is it worth it...The starting has improved a million percent...all my squeaks and rattles have gone and the car drives alot lot better....i know you say its expensive but its worth every pound...i only hate my car now instead of absolutely detesting it...For the record it went into the garage at 9.30am and i had it back for 4.30pm....although it did have to go back for a driveshaft support bearing on the nearside....which took 1.5 hours...car runs brilliantly now apart from an annoying rattle that sounds like main bearings...although i know it isnt as sometimes the car does some wierd flap-out type thing where it sounds like its missing between 800-1500 rpm, but the rattle goes away...wierd i know but i aint spending any more dough looking for the issue...no faults in planet either....:thumb:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tiko....exact same car as mine..('03 dturbo 2.0 110...140k)...ive just had a solid conversion done on mine £490....expensive but wow is it worth it...The starting has improved a million percent...all my squeaks and rattles have gone and the car drives alot lot better....i know you say its expensive but its worth every pound...i only hate my car now instead of absolutely detesting it...For the record it went into the garage at 9.30am and i had it back for 4.30pm....although it did have to go back for a driveshaft support bearing on the nearside....which took 1.5 hours...car runs brilliantly now apart from an annoying rattle that sounds like main bearings...although i know it isnt as sometimes the car does some wierd flap-out type thing where it sounds like its missing between 800-1500 rpm, but the rattle goes away...wierd i know but i aint spending any more dough looking for the issue...no faults in planet either....:thumb:
sounds good but its not the amount it costs its the fact i cant actually afford it and have to do all the work myself as i cant afford the garage fees

·
Registered
673 Posts
sounds good but its not the amount it costs its the fact i cant actually afford it and have to do all the work myself as i cant afford the garage fees
Fair play mate but in fairness my garage costs were only £150 the rest was parts and vat.....(vat=£80) (parts=£258)....:thumb:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how hard is it to convert from dual mass to single flywheel and what do i need im guessing the clutch will be a different one if its going to be single mass flywheel

J

·
0 Posts
Solid Conversion Kits are cheap, phone your local motor factor for a price and post it up here. Then get a local mechanic to do the labour. Don't go to a dealer or anywhere that gives out glossy adverts, just a decent, canny bloke who knows the deal.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i managed to get a conversion kit for my 307 for 204 quid inc vat from euro car parts got my mate to phone up for a qoute who just so happens has an account with them and can get up to 70% discount so 204 inc from 347 exc im on to a winner

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well anyone who is considering get the conversion kit done, DONT CONSIDER JUST DO IT, better fuel consumption better starting more umpfffff,

my dmf were that knacked i could turn it with my little finger the clutch plate had only one side of carbon left which wasnt connected to the plate and the pressure plate has 4-5 cracks in it lucky me thinks that it didnt disintrate into chunks and take out my gearbox

so any person who asks whould they get it done answers don t even ask if you should just do thank you for everyone who helped me in this thread:thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts