Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i try to start my 207 56 plate the display is showing info antitheft and info faulty instead of info active and info auto locking the central locking still works off fob but seems like immobiliser as kicked in how do i solve this please

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Immobilisers DO NOT kick in what has actually happened is the immobiliser is NOT kicking out suttle difference but an important one to understand.

If you put he key in the ignition barrel turn it on then turn it of do not remove it but open the door car should beep to warn you if it does then key is recognised if it does not then thats your problem.

Has battery been flat or removed ?

Has it been jump started ?

its important to give us all the info to get the correct answer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some times it will start other times it wont battery was not flat but i kept trying to start it then it come up economy mode on display so put it on a booster charger the clock and date all reset but still came up antitheft and info faulty battery ok because it still does the central locking

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It did when display came up info active and active autolocking but no it dosent beep when displaying info anti theft and info faulty all lights on dash come on and it will turn over but not fire

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Your key is not being read then it could be various things but easiest way to find out is using planet and recoding keys as they can get lost with low battery etc but it may be something with the comm unit too.

IF KEY IS NOT READ BY DECODER CAR WILL NOT START.

·
Registered
49 Posts
sorry to jump in to thread
I've just got a 207 from the auctions, so don't know any history of car
one key works ok , but comes up with remote battery low or something like that, I've checked the key fob battery and its 3volts so should be ok ( ? )
the other key remotely unlocks doors, but in ign it brings up "anti-theft faulty" when switched off but key in ign, door opened no bleeping (telling me key in ign)
as I'm new to this car, what do I check next, just downloading a version of Peugeot planet & diagbox will they work with the basic interfaces (them cheap ones)
thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts