Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Just bought a 2000 boxer 2446 cc,code light is illuminated on dash,i have a red key fob,and van turns over ,but wont start.which direction shall i go with this initially,thanks guys .Gareth

·
Registered
481 Posts
As Betty says - Diagnostics.

I have just done a C5 where the chip had a minor fracture through it. Bought one of these https://payments.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CheckoutSuccess&cartid=323664383016 recoded to car after inserting in the key and hey presto , fixed for less than a tenner.

Martin , waiting for the blade to arrive for the sticky on new key for £25 , will add pics etc when I do it :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

Hi pug pete,tried to click on yr link to e bay but no joy,but thanks for yr input guys,need to sort this out b4 next thursday

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update

Hi Guys,update on my immobiliser fault,bought a second hand green box,pick up ring,and key to suit.the code light has gone out,yippee!!!!,ummmm maybe not,got told it could be air in the fuel system,got my mechanic friend to sort that out,still no start!!!!!! we have fuel at the injectors ,but it still wont fire.he said next thing to do is check the fuel pressure ,but needs to borrow a tester,Any other ideas Guys plz ,Gareth

·
Registered
42 Posts
It could still have an immobilizer fault, they cut power to the injectors so even with good fuel pressure it won't start.

Have you had it on diagnostics / planet?

g

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just spoke to my mechanic mate,he said there is no power going to injectors they are the mechanical type.

·
Registered
42 Posts
no not yet,prob cost a bit wont it,im in the Aberystwyth area ?
Shouldn't do, most good garages have a diagnostics reader of some kind & most charge about £50 for it including an hours labour.

I paid a local mapper £20 to come read mine before I got planet.

Or, there might be someone here on the planet map near you with planet who could look at it for you.

g

1 - 11 of 11 Posts