Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anybody else had main beam and indicator problems? ie;

when the main beam is on and i indicate to go either left or right and when the indicator cancels out it also knocks off the main beam, this happens on a random basis plus sometimes the main beam knocks off without me touching the anything.

another minor problem is i often get a message telling me that the automatic lights are activated even during daylight when the lights are not on...i know they are on automatic because it is selected on the light stalk :D

is this a software or hardware issue? any advice would be appreciated

TonyR

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, has anybody else had main beam and indicator problems? ie;

when the main beam is on and i indicate to go either left or right and when the indicator cancels out it also knocks off the main beam, this happens on a random basis plus sometimes the main beam knocks off without me touching the anything.

TonyR
Oh, this happened to me on my very first time driving it in the dark last week. I thought I must've knocked the switch or something. Not sure if I'm reassured or not that it's happened to others, and wasn't just me being a klutz...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Havnt had 308 long & keep the lights on Auto setting. This setting seems to have a mind of its own . I can set off in bright daylight & the sensor will put the dips on , a couple of miles later they will go off ,go through a tree tunnel & back on again . They they stay on for a couple of miles & off again, only to switch back on at the next town. I got to the stage where I take no notice anymore---I just let this strange French system , get on with it !!!!!

J

·
0 Posts
You haven't got anything obscuring the sensor? The auto setting on my 407 seems to work quite well... doesn't come on under trees, or bridges.... just when it gets dark or rains :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's a work mate of mine who lives a couple of streets away and he has Peugeot Planet, going to get him to do a diagnostics.....see what he comes up with, i got a sneaky suspicion tho that the stalk is wearing out :(

I will post here if he finds anything

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i've had the car connected up to PP2000 and a diagnostics came back as everything healthy no faults whatsoever so we are kind of thinking the stalk is wearing out

Thanks Dave (L12PUG) for y:thumb:eek:ur help

·
Registered
89 Posts
You need a new COM2000.

I replaced one recently - my one piece of advice would be not to waste your time with a second-hander from a scrapyard.

Buy a new one unless you like taking your steering wheel off on a regular basis. :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts