Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was nearly involved in an accident today in my 307, which would of been my fault. I had indicated to turn right at a roundabout and after negotiating the turn as I straightened up the indicator stalk flicked down and turned on the left hand indicator. A car up ahead pulled out in front of me as she thought I was turning left. I slammed on the brakes and, quite obviously, there was some choice words being thrown at me. Any ideas why the indicator stalk done this and how would I go about adjusting the setting as I don't want this to happen again.:eek::eek:

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi, I was nearly involved in an accident today in my 307, which would of been my fault. I had indicated to turn right at a roundabout and after negotiating the turn as I straightened up the indicator stalk flicked down and turned on the left hand indicator. A car up ahead pulled out in front of me as she thought I was turning left. I slammed on the brakes and, quite obviously, there was some choice words being thrown at me. Any ideas why the indicator stalk done this and how would I go about adjusting the setting as I don't want this to happen again.:eek::eek:
as other people have said it is your comms unit at fault

there is a tutorial on here on how to fix but if you do not have the time or confidence to fix your self i offer a service to fix them for you.

i can remove unit and do work if you bring car to me
i can fix your unit if you post to me
i can supply you another unit on an exchange basis

see here COMM 2000 PEUGEOT 307,206,406 & CITROEN XSARA,BERLINGO INDICATOR & WIPER STALKS | eBay

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Hi, I was nearly involved in an accident today in my 307, which would of been my fault.
Not necessarily be deemed as your fault. It is up to the driver te make sure it is safe to enter the roundabout. The fact that your indicator was flashing doesn't mean you are turning into that exit. I Hhave been behind many people who are indicating left only to pass the exit and take the next one.

As others have said, it's a problem in the comms unit and an easy temperary repair using a piece of sponge under the stalk can help until a permanent repair can be done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts