Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 307 hdi 90, It has the common indicator stalk problem of it over cancels and indicates left. Anyhow, i was going to buy a full new unit but have since seen that it is possible to put the trip computer on, on my car.
the correct com unit is a 624271, and was wondering if anyone knew what the equivalent one is with the trip computer end on it too.

or should i get a new unit and just change the end for one from a scrapper?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mm, I've seen em on eBay at £126. And they claim to be new. Or the local dealer quoted £211. I was hoping there would be a new unit with the trip computer switch on it too. But they all seem to have front fog light switches or auto wiper/light positions on em and I don't have them on it.
Might just do your repair for now until I get the parts.
Cheers!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Colin, did you ever get a solution to this? I've got exactly the same idea and problem. I think the trip computer button is just a cap, which I wondered was available on Ebay. No luck searching though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Colin, did you ever get a solution to this? I've got exactly the same idea and problem. I think the trip computer button is just a cap, which I wondered was available on Ebay. No luck searching though.
I got mind today from a scrappy... very easy to remove and only cost me £5.

This is your best bet because I don't think they are sold separately.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Groo, I'm afraid I didn't, I bought a new unit without the trip button and bought a broken unit off a 607 just for the button. The new unit I bought off eBay for £126 certainly appeared new in the sealed box and works fine so far.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I got mind today from a scrappy... very easy to remove and only cost me £5.

This is your best bet because I don't think they are sold separately.
I went to SM to day he said u had last on he told me to go to whites on A45 but they only sell hole stalks £75 so will keep looking :tantrum:

J

·
0 Posts
Tell them you'll swap ends, and they'll still have a complete stalk to sell to someone else :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Any sale is better than nothing to them in the present time... bet they would charge the same for the stalk with or without the trip button :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Go to the pound shop and buy a kitchen sponge, stuff it into the hole where the stalk goes into the steering column.
It wont over-cancel anymore.

Job Done.

·
Registered
405 Posts
If I read all this right, does that mean the cars have the trip computer installed, it just depends whether you have the button or not? I thought I'd have to install the whole unit that does the trip computer stuff. But if it a stalk end or a new stalk, I could get one of the easy... Nick it off my partner's car... He owes me big time!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts