Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all we have brought a 307 1.6 rapier today and knocked some money off as the indicator stalked has snapped in two.It still functions but needs replacing!
Ive looked on ebay and it looks like the steering wheel has to be removed has anyone done this job?does it required special tools? or is it ok to do myself or easier to get garage to do it!

Also part of one of the door handles is missing the square end cap on drivers side passenger door is this just a clip on part or new door handle

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Let the car go to sleep ,remove casing round steering column, small screwdrivers in holes below to pop of airbag , socket to take of steering wheel , unplug com2000 unit (thing holding stalks) carefully open and replace indicator .

·
Registered
117 Posts
just an addition to Martin's post...letting the car go to sleep means disconnecting the battery in the correct manner...if you're not sure then look at some posts on here first. This is important for two reasons: so the airbag doesn't go off in your face and so the cars BSI is restarted correctly.

I have some pics of the complete process, I'll see if I can add them later ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be great, pretty confident on my ability to change it but some pics would be handy for reference and it's the mrs car and don't wanna make it worse!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would it be easier to get the same com2000 and doing a straight swap instead of removing indicator stalk and fixing excisting one or does this throw up other problems

1 - 15 of 15 Posts