Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a indicator stalk broken in my 206. It became very sensitive so when I use right blinker and when blinker should automatically stop it will start left blinker. Where I live it's hard to find this part and if I find it, it's very expensive. I found I a little cheaper offer, but it's for Peugeot 307. I'm told that this two models uses same stalk.

So, can I use stalk from 307 for my 206? To me it looks like I can, but I need confirmation. Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers ;)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's 2001 and it has all in one stalk - indicator + wipers. Somebody tells me that I can use stalk from 307, others says that I can not. I was looking some pictures of 307 and it looks the same, but I now I'm not sure if I can use it?

Cheers ;)

G

·
According to Servicebox it's a different part number to one from a 307 - it might fit and work in much the same way many 307 alloys fit and do the job, but it's a gamble unless you can find someone that has definitely done it.

once you have a new one you may likely find it will then need setting up on Planet to work.

Alas, it's not an unheard of 206 problem.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
chopper1192 said:
once you have a new one you may likely find it will then need setting up on Planet to work.
Thank you for information. Can you please explain what I quoted? "setting up on Planet to work" - I don't understand this. Thanks.

Cheers ;)

G

·
It's a multiplexed car, and one of the characteristics is that many different control units 'talk' to one another, and throw a sulk if one won't communicate back. In order to make the COM2000 talk properly it needs to have the cars software updated in order to recognise the new unit. Takes about 15 minutes but requires Planet, the dealers wizzo computer.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah, OK, I did not know what Planet is. And, I'm not sure if my car is multiplexed. Can you please explain this term. I was reading something but I don't quite understand. Also, year of my car is 2001, isn't multiplex started in 2003 or something like that? Thanks.

Cheers ;)

G

·
I'm not sure the year the 206 went multiplexed, but it's c.2001 IIRC. If your car has clear headlamps, as opposed to the older sort of frosty looking ones, then it's multiplexed.

Multiplexing is a huge topic. In short, instead of having a huge heavyweight loom the car has a lighter weight, lower voltage loom. The wires carry a lower current and can do different things at once, but require little ECUs, or computers, dotted around the car to decode this data. These computers communicate with each other and each requires programming at the factory - a new ECU at any point will require the program loading and setting up.

Another advantage is at the point of manufacture - instead of requiring a different loom for each version, trim or spec of car, the manufacturer can simply plug in the required computer at the required point in the loom and away we go. This aspect is called modularity, and means the loom is made up of plug in options as required.

It's easy really - if your car isn't multiplexed, it won't have COM2000, kust a conventional indicator stalk unit instead.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, my car is multiplexed then. Thanks for the help and information. BTW, I found a part from some broken Peugeot 206 and I'll get it next week. Hopefully, everything will be OK.

Cheers ;)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi,

I just got new part, which I will try to put in next few days. I just want to ask something. I got stalk from Peugeot, year 2003. Product number is 96533 565 XT. This part has controls for board computer. What are the chances that this part will work on my 206 which does not have board computer?

Cheers ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts