Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I recently bought a wee 207 Sport (2006) and love it!

One thing that's annoying me a little though is the sound of the indicators - I can hardly hear it! Is there anything I can do about it? The dash lights are a little dim and I was going to swap them for LEDs to help, but the entire instrument cluster has to be replaced as the indicator dash lights are non-replaceable, so that's a no-go.

I was in my sister's Micra yesterday and her indicators sound great. Could I get a Micro indicator relay and just replace the one in the 207 with it, or is it more complicated than that? I'm starting to learn that simple things aren't that simple with the 207... :eek:

Many thanks.

·
6,247 Posts
Welcome to the forum, the sound for the indicators come from a speaker in the comms unit there is no relay as such. The speakers do fail but its a complete replacement of the comms unit to fix.

There is a button on the dash on the left side which with the ign and lights on you press and hold and the dash lights dim or brighten you release and press and hold again to go from dimming to brighten etc

If plan on staying around please take a min to post an introduction in the correct thread :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Thanks for the reply :)

The indicators still make a sound but it's very faint. Perhaps it's normal for Peugeots? - I have no prior experience of them.

As for the brightness, yes I did this a few days after getting the car but the brightness of the indicator dash lights doesn't seem to be affected by changing the overall brightness of the dash.

Quick question when I'm here, can you remove the centre caps on the wheels without actually taking the wheel off?

Thanks! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts