Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all. i have been having the sidelight/indicator bulbs faulty problem for a little while, but not too annoying so never tried the fix. however, in the last week or so this seems to have disappeared, being replaced by indicators that do not function at all. it started off so that they would have to be pushed outwards a little to start them off, but now it is almost impossible to get them going, and even when they do it's equally difficult to turn them off! the hazards still work fine.

could this be related to the earth problem?

cheers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
535 Posts
I think the stalk will go in on its own. What I suggest you do is take off the cowl from the steering wheel and physically see what is wrong. (It's not a big job as I recall) It sounds like some minor spring has gone or a piece of plastic has cracked.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry i didn't see your reply to this! thanks for the info. pug have said the whole unit needs replacing for a meagre £400....

to take off the cover do i need to worry about setting off the airbag or anything? or a simple case of unscrew and remove. thanks for your help!

·
Registered
741 Posts
The whole unit is about 250 inc VAT so the rest is labour to fit and calibrate the steering sensor presumably.
The cowling comes off without bothering the airbag.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I had a look inside and nothing obviously wrong. Any other easy tricks before it goes to a dealer? Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts