Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I am new to this site and looking for advice on my girlfriends 607, since we bougth the beast we have spent nearly £2000 on varius bits ging wrong, both front electric windows fall down snapped cables, dodgey earth caused problems in the injectors, mass air flow gone etc, i aint a mechanic but i do most things myself on the 607 and the Mondeo we have.

There is one problem i cant get to the bottom of, when we indicate either right or left it works normal for the first few flashes then the car thinks that a builb as gone and flashes like mad. I have checked the bulbs no probs wonder if anybody else as had this kind of problem?

Sorry about the intro, i think its a fantastic car to drive and when you park next a 5 series owner you get the sense that they are looking down at you but i always remeber that i didnt pay megger bux for the same spec car

Peugeot 607
03 plate
2.0 Diesel
executive

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sasha...

surely its a nice big motor.. with regards to your indicators.. have you checked the connectors ? if limescale biulds up then it could have similar problem..

do you take your motor to dealers or a local garage ? £2000 is normal depending on your mileage.. but trust me once they are done, you are good for another 1000 miles..

When was your car last serviced ?? was it the dealers... as when your car is booked in, they check any product recalls and install the latest ECU software which fixes all these electrical issues..

good luck.. let us know if you need any more help..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont get me wrong its a beuty when everything works ok, its done 92k and i use a freind to service it change the timing belt and all other stuff that may get me dirty, it went to Peugeot for the big repairs ie windows etc as i aint that good. I do the easy stuff like the mass flow pipes and filters.

Ill take the steering column off and check the stalks, i assume as Peugeot had the car on 3 occasions they did any updating that was required.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
thats what Im saying mate.. depending on the garage they might do it automatically but half of them dont have a clue about 607.. if its a half decent garage, they carryout everything automatically..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hmm....sounds interesting. Mine has had a few niggles too 'sasha' but everything will be worked out sooner or later.

I wouldn't say the stalk would do that to be honest with you it sounds more like the system is losing a connection somewhere near the actual bulbs. I'd say take all the bulbs out the holders and give everything a good clean, make sure the contacts are in their correct position etc then re-try.

Having just looked at all the reciepts for my car (had it for 6 weeks now) there is a reciept in there for a whole new stalk set..I obviously don't know why they got it replaced, maybe this could be the fault after all??

Best to clean the connections first and give that a try, won't cost you anything!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts