Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My indicators have started playing up in the last few days so if anyone could help i'd really appreciate it.

If i indicate right i have to really push the stalk up hard (with the risk of flashing my full beams at oncoming cars) and it will function most times.
In order to turn it off I have to push the stalk down to indicate left briefly then return it to the centre position.
To indicate left it works ok but will fail to switch off unless I push it all the way up briefly.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was the fix?
Am I looking at a new switch or a whole new stalk unit?
Also, what should I be looking up online as a replacement part? Is it a coms unit?
Would this be the right part?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/peugeot-207-307-308-407-citroen-lights-wiper-indicator-/190567370002?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c5eb34d12#ht_682wt_1139

I want to get this sorted asap coz I really dont want to cause a pileup :eek:

·
Registered
405 Posts
My indicators have started playing up in the last few days so if anyone could help i'd really appreciate it.

If i indicate right i have to really push the stalk up hard (with the risk of flashing my full beams at oncoming cars) and it will function most times.
In order to turn it off I have to push the stalk down to indicate left briefly then return it to the centre position.
To indicate left it works ok but will fail to switch off unless I push it all the way up briefly.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was the fix?
Am I looking at a new switch or a whole new stalk unit?
Also, what should I be looking up online as a replacement part? Is it a coms unit?
Would this be the right part?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/peugeot-207-307-308-407-citroen-lights-wiper-indicator-/190567370002?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c5eb34d12#ht_682wt_1139

I want to get this sorted asap coz I really dont want to cause a pileup :eek:
We have this problem with our XSi Pug. To replace the switch I think you have to replace the whole unit behind the steering wheel, which is about £250 or summit. There is a cheap, and I mean cheap, way of adapting a semi fix. There's a thread somewhere with a link to a video on youtube of someone stuffing sponge into the gap around the indicator to give the stalk some resistance.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mellkat, think I remember seeing that somewhere, might do that till I can get it sorted on wednsday.
If I start ringing scrappys is there any other model that has the same unit or is this a 407 specific part?

·
11,968 Posts
When I first started looking for 307s I spoke to a guy who said that there was a repair kit you could buy for £49 but I never got the details.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mellkat, I found the video but it is to fix the indicator switch overcorrecting on automatically cancelling the indicator signal when you've finished the turn.

Thanks for the suggestion though :thumb:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aaahhh crap, I was hoping that I'd get away without any of the 'plug into planet' crap! It's a switch on the end of a stick for gods sake!!!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Betty, car off to the sparkys tomorrow.
If I change the com unit does it affect the ignition, security or stereo system in any way? There's only the standard imobliser on my car, no alarms etc.
Basically what I'm asking is this, Is it just a case of whip out the old unit and stick in a newer one? I have a unit from an 06 407 that the dealer has confirmed will be suitable.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Did anyone tried to replace the stalk, i found this one. I tried googling of but this one on ali has the best manual as I can see. Mine grind when the wheel is in certain position, really hard to turn on indicator and sometimes it engages the indicators with light touch. I see it does not look 100% genuine you think its worth a try. I tried asking around, and managed to find some chap that will repair it for 100$ which is insane price.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
The price is cheap but the free shipping to the UK from China will take probably three weeks - maybe more.

You don't normally see the indicator or wiper stalks for sale - rather it's the comm unit complete with stalks.

Trustme on the forum repairs comm units and also sells them at a reasonable price. He lives in Bradford so if you are near to him you could get it sorted pretty quick. He will also remove the old unit and fit the replacement for a small fee if you aren't confident with removing it yourself.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks for reply, Hm, I live about 2000miles from Bradford so that one is no go :D
Well I am prepared to wait that much since it works normally 90% of the time, only question I have is will it solve my problem, and for how long..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts