Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Hi
I need to remove the indicator cluster to renew the return springs or replace the whole unit is there an easy way.
Looks like will have to remove the steering wheel etc.
Can anyone advise how I should go about this operation please

:help:

·
Registered
320 Posts
This can be quite a tricky thing to do....as removing the steering wheel requires that the airbags are disabled....be careful as these things are very, very pricey to replace.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
matt268uk said:
This can be quite a tricky thing to do....as removing the steering wheel requires that the airbags are disabled....be careful as these things are very, very pricey to replace.

Yes I gathered that it might be a bit complicated that is why I was asking for advise on how to go about it. Do you know

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bettyswollocks said:
This will be the comm2000 unit ,are your indicators buggered?
No idea on the unit.
I Think the springs maybe broken or something like that.
The stalk is pretty loose have a problem finding off position.
Would you know the procedure to dismantle it from the steering column?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Turn off ignition keep drivers door open wait 15 minutes , look in behind steering wheel you will see two small holes ,put small screwdrivers in and release airbag from wheel then unplug , disconnect surronding dash trim unplug any plugs from the comm2000 unit unscrew steering wheel remove then take off , this will leave you just to remove comm2000 unit by pulling gently towards you.
These can be fixed but you need a identical unit with working indicators otherwise just replace.

·
Registered
406 Posts
screwdriver is inserted in to holes from left and right/ right to left to release airbag unit and not from front to back. spent ages trying to get it off first time i tried until it clicked i was inserting the screwdriver from the wrong direction:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts