Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
My family is growing, so looking at selling my trusted 307hdi, and looking around at the 307 SW estate. Of course I'm attracted to the 7 seats, and the glass roof would excite all who sails in her. Funds are restricted due to new baby due arrival in October. My mot is getting renewed this week, so the funds from selling my car will help towards another.
So back to my question. Would you recommend this model for a family?
I have the 307 90 2ltr 3 door currently. It's just a struggle, trying to get baby seat fastened etc. Anything I should avoid of the 307 sw series too? I've read my 90 is less risky than the 110 due to filter. Is this the same with the sw too?
Any further help would be greatly received.

Many thanks, Paul:thumb:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, this thread didn't receive any replies, so maybe I'll change my question a little :)

My 307 is now on ebay for sale because my partner is expecting, baby due in Oct.
I would like a larger family car such as the 307sw.

If you had £2000 and were looking for a used 7 seater, what would you spend it on please? Any to avoid? Sorry to bring this thread from the dead. Just don't know where to look for advice, and my preference is the 307SW, since I truly do love my 307 hdi.

I have posted my ebay item number in the correct "For Sale" section on here. Just in case you were looking for a good 307 yourselves.

Thanks. Paul

·
Registered
546 Posts
i think this is to small 7 seater car because if you use 7 seat you cannot use boot for baby troley because this 2 seat are small and use space in boot,my recomended is 407 sw or if you need 7 seater ford galaxy or seat alhambra

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think this is to small 7 seater car because if you use 7 seat you cannot use boot for baby troley because this 2 seat are small and use space in boot,my recomended is 407 sw or if you need 7 seater ford galaxy or seat alhambra
Ah thank you Magma1974. That's the sort of reply I've been looking for :)

I don't know car much myself, and looking around for 7 seater brings up many options. Of course I would like a 7 seater economic car. This generally would point to diesels for good fuel consumption hence my thought with the sw, since mine is great on fuel. Cheap tax too.

Good point about the space in the boot. I will look around for the 407 you suggested. I thought maybe someone with a sw may of replied, unless you do have one?

Thanks too for the other recommendations.
Paul ;)

C

·
0 Posts
There's a problem with 7 seaters - use all 7 seats and there's no where to put any luggage, shopping, pushchairs etc.

I switched to the 3008 cos me and woman were trying for another baby, and it's so practical if hurts. The pushchair fits under the shelf in the boot, and still leaves a usable boot that'd put most cars to shame. It drives like a hatch and not an estate, does nearly 60MPG all round (at least with me at the helm) and is cheap as chips to tax. It's win-win.

If your budget is tight and you've found that your current 307 otherwise suits you, then the 307SW could be ideal, perhaps even a 308SW if you can stretch to it, which is a different ball-park for drive and reliability.

Good luck to you and missus Paul. Mine is due in early July, but they're forecasting a 10lb+ baby (i'm not exactly tiny myself) so the Docs may induce her 2 or 3 weeks early.

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
I had a 110 2.0 hdi 307 and had no fap issues ever! How many kids have you? A 307 sw with the rear seats out is a lovely estate. If they're only for occasional use then why not? If you need 7 seats no mpv has a decent boot except a grand espace. Problem with that is you end up with a grand espace....

C

·
0 Posts
Yeah, if you're doing the mileage to make the FAP work properly I wouldn't be unduly worried.

·
11,766 Posts
Although the SW is obviously longer than a standard hatch, is there really that much extra space? Yes, you'll have a bit of an easier time with the child seat in the back, but wouldn't you get that anyway with a 5 door hatch?

I had a 306 when our first kiddie arrived and now there's two we find the 5 door 307 more than adequate (except when we go away camping!)

You've not really mentioned why you need 7 seats. Is it a necessity?

My dad has a large family and he's always had Citroen Xsara Picasso 7 seaters.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Wow, thanks for all the great replies. Some very useful comments.
I have 3 grown up children, 2 grandchildren, and one on the way!
3 children and grandchildren do not live with me, but we do see each other regularly. Hence 7 seater would help.
My 307 sold today, so now have cash on the hip!! MMmmm what to buy??
The 307sw glass roof looks fantastic in photos, so this attracts me somewhat, so does having the 7 seats I need! Plus I know how cheap my 307hdi was to run....missing it already! Looking at photos of the SW, I can not work out how the back seats work. I guess you have to climb in the boot, and is there room to dangle your feet?? Looks like the seat can only be used for babies and very small children!
I also have Peugeot Planet, so can be a handy tool to choose and check cars. Although, no doubt some ecu's will have old errors logged, that's not been cleared perhaps.

I've got a week or so to buy a bigger car, so don't want to rush out and buy the first one I see. I see so many different 7 seater vehicles around, which is making my choice hard. Never owned a car with this many seats before, and I'm sure there are many to stay clear of. I had a Jag before my 307, and it was a nightmare with running costs and repairs.....although it did look nice. That's another thing, I still want my car to look nice. I'm sure many cars would do the job for me...but I want nice too!!

Anyhow, I will keep you informed and will take onboard all your kind replies.

Thanks chopper1192 for the good luck. Congrats to you too......10lb baby...OUCH!

Thank you all :)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i know i shouldnt say this but have you thought about ford Cmax? im sure they come in 7 seat format and have loads of room. i can answer your questions on these (fords) if you got any :lol:

also the vaux zafiras are pretty nice also. :thumb:

·
Registered
176 Posts
See if there's a 307 or 308 SW that runs on gas, to the best of my knowledge you never have a problem with the DPF/FAP because there's next to no particles generated.

I tried 1 here in the Netherlands and it drove a little better than the same model running on diesel. Difference here is the road tax, I pay €1,350 per year atm for a 2004 reg 307 1.6 HDI SW. The Gas version is taxed at about €1,800 roughly because tax here is calculated based on weight of car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again all. My budget is only £2000. Really only looking for a 7 seater. Think I'm hell bent on the SW, since owning the 307hdi. I've looked at most of the suggestions here, but I don't see nice with many of them. I do see "nice" with the SW, so going to look at the pros and cons on the SW. Thanks for the suggestions....but unless I see a big reason not to buy an SW, I think this is what I will end up with. Is there an SW to avoid? Before I bought my 307hdi, I read it was better to have the 90 instead of the 110 due to risks being lower with filters etc. Just wondering what not to buy in the SW series?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
xsara picasso has 5 seater not 7
Correct! It's the C4 picasso has 7!

Rear access in the 307 sw is through the rear doors. They do a double foldy thing. Not the handiest but the back bench is removable so suitable for everyday use. On your budget I'd go for the sw. Lovely big window and for 2 grand your looking at a '00-'02 galaxy or something. Better to have a 7 seat car in my opinion!! Rear seats are child only though. Get a 110bhp an if you have issues with the dpf/fap then ditch it! Doesn't cost much! Good luck!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi all....again.
Just wanted to update you on my thought process of car I'm now looking for.

I've given up on the SW and now looking and maybe buying this weekend a Citroen Xsara Picasso. I want the Exclusive model really. Read many good reviews from owners of the Xsara, so I hope that to be true for me too. Will let you all know if I do get this model, think I'm pretty sold with the Xsara....all looks good. At least my pp2000 should be of use too!! Many thanks, Paul

·
Registered
546 Posts
Correct! It's the C4 picasso has 7!

Rear access in the 307 sw is through the rear doors. They do a double foldy thing. Not the handiest but the back bench is removable so suitable for everyday use. On your budget I'd go for the sw. Lovely big window and for 2 grand your looking at a '00-'02 galaxy or something. Better to have a 7 seat car in my opinion!! Rear seats are child only though. Get a 110bhp an if you have issues with the dpf/fap then ditch it! Doesn't cost much! Good luck!
c4 grand picasso has 7 seater and cost more 5000

xsara picasso is the best choice but remember 2.0 hdi has dmf and somethimes fap filter if you use car around town best choise is 1.6 petrol because 1.8 petrol is shit engine

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
c4 grand picasso has 7 seater and cost more 5000

xsara picasso is the best choice but remember 2.0 hdi has dmf and somethimes fap filter if you use car around town best choise is 1.6 petrol because 1.8 petrol is shit engine
Hi Thank you. I'm thinking of getting the Xsara Exclusive 1.6hdi 110hp. Fuel 60mpg out of town, and 44mpg around town. Insurance group 21 :eek: I think! Tax is cheap though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts