Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

i have just bought an 02 reg 206 and was wondering what is the best way of playing my ipod through the in car stereo without spending loads and without replacing the current radio

TIA

matty :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bettyswollocks said:
You can buy a small fm transmittor that plugs into your ipod then syncs with a station on your radio and hey presto.
Below not the one i have but you get the idea./QUOTE]

i decided to go with this suggestion and it so much better than buying a new radio with auxilary port etc. can listen to it in other cars when travelling in convoy and you dont have to lean forward from the back to use the ipod, well worth a fiver :) thanks very much :):)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have tried a few fm transmitters and everyone that I have tried have had reception problems (even the expensive ones) that sound like they are just out of tune, they have some interference.

·
Registered
179 Posts
matt_tee said:
I have tried a few fm transmitters and everyone that I have tried have had reception problems (even the expensive ones) that sound like they are just out of tune, they have some interference.
I've had exactly the same problem with mine and I've tried it in a Honda, a BMW and a Peugeot.

It can be tuned in OK while parked up and at home, but if you are driving around the country (as I do) sooner or later, that "empty" radio station you used (whatever the frequency) ends up being a local radio station.... it's most frustrating to go from Black Sabbath to Hip-Hop in 2 or 3 miles .... :lol:

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
you're probably best off just buying a new aftermarket HU, especially the ones with bluetooth connection...can get them for about £60 now. i do it all the time stream music from my sony ericsson to my sony hu, and even the stalk controls the music, such as volume, track skipping and album change. acts like a massive handsfree kit.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have one of these on my 307, it just plugs into the cd changer port on the back of your head unit (assuming it is a factory fitted unit with a cd changer port). It takes the place of your cd changer and can be controlled via the steering wheel controls and the cd buttons on your head unit. The one below is for 206's from 2002 onwards.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IPOD-INTERFACE-ADAPTOR-PEUGEOT-206-307-406-CTAPGIPOD010-/350333955560?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item519187ede8#ht_2777wt_1137

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Charlie said:
Other than taking the HU out, is there any way of telling which models have the changer facility ?
I can tell you all 307`s on the back of the standard HU has 3 ports , one is for cd changer if that helps ,maybe someone with a 407 can confirm if this is the case with them

1 - 18 of 18 Posts