Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I have somehow managed to survive nearly a year of ownership without any heating on the drivers side of my '08 407SW! I assumed it was down to the dreaded "drivers side flap" issue.

This lunchtime I finally managed to get around and take the gubbins off so I could inspect my heater flaps with the aim of fixing the drives one in place. What I noted has me a little baffled though!

Both flaps (beige in colour) seem to be in perfect working order (neither one looks like it is broken at the pivot/shaft) and both of them move (at the same speed) when the engine is first turned on. Once warmed up they are both in the same position and yet the passenger side blows warm whilst the drivers side blows cold!

Is it safe to assume (based on the movements and appearance) that a broken flap is NOT the issue? If so, what else is likely to explain my frozen face and hands when I drive into work in the early morning?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds highly probable! Any ideas how I swing these out of the way to access the one below please?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Yes you need to change the settings of the air-direction manually (not let it be on Auto).

I can't remember which setting to use, but there ain't too many to choose between, so just try them all and you'll get one setting where the upper ones open and let you inspect the lower ones.

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi chris
the way we do it is dashboard out,remove top of heater box remove paddles,repair shaft and refit dashboard,takes us just over 2 hours to dothe job.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes you need to change the settings of the air-direction manually (not let it be on Auto).

I can't remember which setting to use, but there ain't too many to choose between, so just try them all and you'll get one setting where the upper ones open and let you inspect the lower ones.
Cheers, hopefully I'll get a chance tomorrow in daylight to have another pop!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi chris
the way we do it is dashboard out,remove top of heater box remove paddles,repair shaft and refit dashboard,takes us just over 2 hours to dothe job.
A little beyond my confidence levels mate! I sort of feel that if you go that far you may as well go the whole way and replace the flaps complete (cut in method?)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I had another crack at it today - I could just about see the offending flap but I'd need to be some sort of contortionist to get anywhere near it!!!!

Does the top portion come off from above to allow easier acces? If not, the only way I can see in is through the windscreen (unless I'm missing the obvious!)?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts