Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after enjoying my 306 (2.0 HDI Merridian) I decided to buy another Peugeot :eek: So I ended up with a 307 2006 1.6 HDI 110 Sport(facelift), with 75k on the clock.

I have to say i'm impressed so far, lots of gadgets and the engine pulls well for a 1.6, seems to be a much smooter and easier drive than the 306 ever was.

Hopefully I wont encounter any of the main electrical faults with it being the facelift model (?), but does anyone know if these suffer from the Anti pollution fault still?

Upto now I have only had 1 issue which was the cruise not functioning and the break lights were not illuminating but after a short search on here I found out about the brake switch, checked it and the plug had popped off so thats all fine now.

What else am I to look out for?

Many Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
My facelift 307 2.0hdi 136 has had the following problems at 75000 miles.
1. 2 new injectors
2. Fuel cap harness
3. EGR valve.
4. Turbo repeat sensor
5. New turbo
6. Turbo solenoid valve
7. Air flow meter
and various other little bits totalling over £2500.
All good now and I found a 307 1.6hdi 110 Sport for one of my friends coz I still love them!
Don't mean to alarm you but they are similar age and mileage.
My last 307 (a 2003 2.0hdi 110) never gave any bother in it's time with me and it was pushing 120000 miles.:thumb:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well my cruise control fault message re-appeared but the brake lights work, so i'm guessing it intermittentley lost connection with the brake switch? Will have a look if when I turn the engine back on its working again as the brake lights were by the time I got to work.

Last time it happened after playing with the switch it was fine again, although the problem seemed to be with the connector/plug and not the switch so maybe a loose connection in th plug?

Which ever peugeot I get I seem to be plagued with brake light switch issues, it was the same on my 306, luckily its much easier to get to on the 307!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stevoxsi said:
My facelift 307 2.0hdi 136 has had the following problems at 75000 miles.
1. 2 new injectors
2. Fuel cap harness
3. EGR valve.
4. Turbo repeat sensor
5. New turbo
6. Turbo solenoid valve
7. Air flow meter
and various other little bits totalling over £2500.
All good now and I found a 307 1.6hdi 110 Sport for one of my friends coz I still love them!
Don't mean to alarm you but they are similar age and mileage.
My last 307 (a 2003 2.0hdi 110) never gave any bother in it's time with me and it was pushing 120000 miles.:thumb:
Wow thats quite a few faults, hopefully I dont get as many faults (i'm expecting a few as with any peugeot).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I though its working again after the engine was off then on, so i'm guessing that the car did loose comms with the switch, no the question is do I fix it myself or get it done under warrenty, with the possibility of the garage not knowing what the fault is?

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
jonohanson said:
Wow thats quite a few faults, hopefully I dont get as many faults (i'm expecting a few as with any peugeot).
All this happened in a period of a month so at least it wasn't drawn out!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts