Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

recently i have gotten the Immobiliser error on my Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI from 2001. I have tried to find multiple solutions but can't seem to find one working for me.
When ever i turn the key i get the immobiliser error and can't start the car. I don't have the security code for the car, but i can still use the buttons on the key(lock, unlock) so as it seems, the key is still programmed with the right code.

I suspect the ECU, since the battery shows 12.85V, and some of the connectors in the ECU are only getting around 10-11v

could anyone have a suggestion of what i might try to do?
If someone know how to bypass the immobiliser on the model, the help would be highly appreciated

Regards Marius

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Its NOT the ecu its NEVER the ecu its a wiring issue there are a few threads with LOADS of good info on them about this very issue

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its NOT the ecu its NEVER the ecu its a wiring issue there are a few threads with LOADS of good info on them about this very issue
Can you possibly link some of them? I have tried using a diagnosis program, and it says the ECU is locked. My key has now lost the function to use the central lock, and I'm afraid the key has lost the code to be recognized by the car, and I don't have the pin
Also the air-conditioning aren't working aswell

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hi & welcome

A very common failure is the aerial around the ignition barrel that reads the chip in the key. It's cheap and easy to replace so I'd start there.

Beyond that, a PP2k session would tell you whether the car cannot read the key, or whether it can read the key but it thinks it is the wrong key.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, and thanks rwb

I don't know anyone with pp2k other than the mechanics, and since i live in Denmark, they are expensive as hell.

I have tried to test the transender with Delphi 2013, and it says it is fine.

And they keys are to this car, we started getting some trouble two weeks ago, where it would sometimes turn off, due to immobilizer error, and if we were lucky we could make it start again by tangeling a little with the wires. But then the sudddenly we couldn't start the car, and we have had this problem a little time over a week

1 - 5 of 5 Posts