Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im new to this forum.

I don't kno why its taken me so long to join as ive had peugeots from day 1 and always had problems etc.

My new problem is ive just bought a 307cc,
I bought it spares or repair which i know is foolish but was told it just cut out, on further inspection i noticed the front seatbelt pretensioners had gone off and the car wouldn't start, it would turn over but not fire.

I reluctantly took it to PUG who charged me £50 to tell me it was the Airbag ECU thats stops fuel injection.

I purchased a new Airbag ECU from PUG @£245 and then paid £150 to have it programmed with the car.

Still no luck not really getting a proper answer from PUG and was wondering if someone had the same problem???

Im really stuck now and dont know which way to look peugeot dont know either!!!

Any help would be great and if your local i'll buy you a drink or 2

·
11,780 Posts
Interesting. There's a fella near me who has an airbag fault on his car (the light has been on for a while) but now won't start at all. Coming up clear on the diagnostic, aside from all the airbag faults:

Airbag ECU
Permanent fault. Level of driver module trigger 1. Open circuit.
Permanent fault. Seat belt trigger ( left) short circuit .
Permanent fault. Seat belt trigger ( right) short circuit .
Permanent fault. Side module trigger( left) Open circuit.
Permanent fault. Side module trigger( right) Open circuit.
Permanent fault. Configuration error.
Permanent fault. Driver's module trigger- Level 2. Open circuit

·
Registered
481 Posts
2005 on facelift Clio and Megane immobilises the fuel pump when the airbag/pre tensioners fire.

As long as the airbag ECU is replaced or reprogrammed it will restart the car , even if the Airbags / pre tensioners havn't been replaced.

Possibly the same system :confused:

S

·
0 Posts
2005 on facelift Clio and Megane immobilises the fuel pump when the airbag/pre tensioners fire.
Didn't think of that, mines an 03 so I just chucked my assumption in the mix

Yeah i'd point at airbag ECU for this one!

Edit: whoops, just read top post again, has airbag ECU already been changed by the stealers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts