Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

Ive been away for a short while but Im back looking to purchase a Peugeot 307 this weekend.
Got my eye on a 307 2.0HDI SW but im getting mixed messages from people regarding which model to buy.
A colleague has mentioned the 110BHP model eats clutches as opposed to the 90BHP model seen a nice 307 2.0HDI 90 Rapier in blue with all the toys good mileage 96k on an 03 reg.
Can anyone shed any light on which model is more reliable

Any other major things to look for as Im crawling all over it?

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
check the abs sensors and when they were last serviced!! they are the biggest problem on 307s.

check to see if it has a DPF fitted, if so check when it was last replaced/cleaned and when the additive was last topped up and counter reset.

indicator stalk, push it up, turn right and let it drop...if it drops down to indicate left...it needs bettys indicator mod or a new comm unit.

your colleague mentioned the car eating clutches...i suppose he means the DMF. they are made of chedder (or so i am told) but you can replace with a solid mass like petrols and they are stronger. but then again, if you look after it, dont bang the gears and bomb the car it should be fine for a while.

oh and i nearly forgot, ask and check for when the car had a timing belt and pulleys replaced. :thumb:

overall scrutanise the service history to check for repeating issues

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check the abs sensors and when they were last serviced!! they are the biggest problem on 307s.

check to see if it has a DPF fitted, if so check when it was last replaced/cleaned and when the additive was last topped up and counter reset.

indicator stalk, push it up, turn right and let it drop...if it drops down to indicate left...it needs bettys indicator mod or a new comm unit.

your colleague mentioned the car eating clutches...i suppose he means the DMF. they are made of chedder (or so i am told) but you can replace with a solid mass like petrols and they are stronger. but then again, if you look after it, dont bang the gears and bomb the car it should be fine for a while.

oh and i nearly forgot, ask and check for when the car had a timing belt and pulleys replaced. :thumb:

overall scrutanise the service history to check for repeating issues
Thanks John_H mmm I know what you mean about the dual mass flywheels.
Will have a good look at it check its history etc Ive now got a choice of 2 both in Bradford thankfully still a morning out for me though.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Sorry didn`t see price - 1.4hdi is near bomb proof , no dpf , no dmf , remaps up to the same as a 1.9tdi golf and is £30 per year :nod:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK boys I am definitely back now.
This morning bought my self a 52 reg 307 2.0HDi 90 Rapier Estate model in the metallic blue.
cars done 90k miles very tidy, drives well but there's always something that bugs you or you can find fault with.
So far 4 faults but I am being picky.
Fault 1 - Mutli function display bulb gone on left side of display
Question how do I remove the display from the dashboard no evidence of any screws or anything to remove the surround
Fault 2 - Missing whip aerial. Purchased one from an accessory shop.
The reception on the radio is still crap to say the least with a new aerial.
Any ideas?
Fault 3 - Indicator stalk does not reset after turning a corner in either direction left or right
Is there a fix for this apart from a new assembly?
Fault 4 - Went shopping after purchase, when the car was fully loaded, when I turned right hand bend / corner I sometimes heard a BOING noise from the rear end any thoughts on this
Otherwise a great car to drive smooth and quiet

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
OK boys I am definitely back now.
This morning bought my self a 52 reg 307 2.0HDi 90 Rapier Estate model in the metallic blue.
cars done 90k miles very tidy, drives well but there's always something that bugs you or you can find fault with.
So far 4 faults but I am being picky.
Fault 1 - Mutli function display bulb gone on left side of display
Question how do I remove the display from the dashboard no evidence of any screws or anything to remove the surround
Fault 2 - Missing whip aerial. Purchased one from an accessory shop.
The reception on the radio is still crap to say the least with a new aerial.
Any ideas?
Fault 3 - Indicator stalk does not reset after turning a corner in either direction left or right
Is there a fix for this apart from a new assembly?
Fault 4 - Went shopping after purchase, when the car was fully loaded, when I turned right hand bend / corner I sometimes heard a BOING noise from the rear end any thoughts on this
Otherwise a great car to drive smooth and quiet
1 check out blue led change it shows how to remove

2 think its under cloth were aerial comes in bad connection

3 my fix with sponge on this site aswell

4 Boing usually comes from suspension , broken spring if defo back , front is top of shock.

All easy fixes

Here`s the 307 indicator fix -

http://www.peugeotcodes.com/peugeot-news.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts