Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I thought I would share my poor experience with you.

I have a 307 and
I followed a suggestion somewhere here that said get a "Full Chip"
Lexia/Peugeot Planet distribution.
I bought mine on ebay from a vendor called topdealin3c

The experience has been awful. You get a box of tricks with no instructions and
have to be a genius to get everything working. It does not
work as advertised on Windows 7
(it states ok with Windows 7 with the latest service pack installed... then
after you've bought it you're befuddled and scroll down and you'll find it states
Q4: I have installed it on windows 7 system, but it cannot work, what is the problem?

A4: It can only be installed on XP system; you need to change another computer with XP system.

)

I have lost HOURS and HOURS on this.

Enquiries to the vendor receive no help. They always claim to consult their
engineer (they know nothing about this software) and then they come back to
you and send you on a wild goose chase. Forget their returns policy, you are stuck with this. I hope I can persuade others to look elsewhere rather than
spending money here.

Regards,
Andy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you border all,

in the end I found an XP machine, and have a kind of working
version (I am not sure, since the PP2000 section on "test actuators" does not
do anything. I'm far from expert on pre-war operating systems, but
the main point I wanted to get over was how rubbish the product supplied is,
there are really _no_ instructions at all and I hope everyone will avoid.

Andy

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
For the record, Peugeot Planet 2000 will not run on a 64-bit system. I have not tried this, but I have been assured that it will run on Win 7 to 10, but only 32-bit versions. 64-bit XP is a very rare beast, hence the popular statement that it will only run on XP. Diagbox does run on 64-bit.

The most common reason for installation problems is plugging the Lexia interface into the PC USB port before the installation program prompts for it. This causes the drivers to install incorrectly.

The systems available on EBay, etc are clones of the real thing, with cracked software. Don't expect professional standard hand-holding - the real thing is about 30 times the price! There are installation demos on youtube.

·
Registered
769 Posts
The systems available on EBay, etc are clones of the real thing, with cracked software. Don't expect professional standard hand-holding - the real thing is about 30 times the price! There are installation demos on youtube.
Yep, the genuine kit is around £1200. Plus the subscription to online services, another £1000+.

So be glad that some clever sods in china figured out how to copy it almost perfectly.

There's no hand holding as IanML said, PP is a bugger to install, it took me the best part of 2 days as I kept messing up at a step and had to go back to reinstalling windows!!

Oh and they only included the software as a freebie, NOT as a service, so if you can't install it, it's your problem, not theirs. Furthermore, if you dig around, there will be instructions somewhere, usually a video that explains the process.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts