Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I’m new to this so please bear with me. I got given a 2003 206 by a friend who didn’t need it anymore and it has an airbag fault. Mechanic says it’s a comms unit fault and offered to fit one if I buy it for 50 quid I’ve seen videos on YouTube it seems simple enough even for me! So to save money I’m gonna do it myself. After I fix the problem will the airbag light go away on its own or will I need to pay for a mechanic to erase the fault code? If so how much am I looking at for that so I know if I’m being fleeced or not

Thanks!

Matt

·
5,630 Posts
Most airbag faults will clear once the fault has been repaired when the ecu is next powered up and completes a self test

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys I’m new to this so please bear with me. I got given a 2003 206 by a friend who didn’t need it anymore and it has an airbag fault. Mechanic says it’s a comms unit fault and offered to fit one if I buy it for 50 quid I’ve seen videos on YouTube it seems simple enough even for me! So to save money I’m gonna do it myself. After I fix the problem will the airbag light go away on its own or will I need to pay for a mechanic to erase the fault code? If so how much am I looking at for that so I know if I’m being fleeced or not

Thanks!

Matt
TBH, If it is an airbag fault, i will go and see an authorised dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts