Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 307 SW 90 2 Litre Diesel estate . DJQUICKFIT had a similar problem Has anyone any ideas on how to fit the idler ? I assumed that it was a case of removing the nut and washer on the end , but was told it is put on from the other end (nearest the engine ? ) and if so is it a job for a mechanic and not a DIY job ? Didn't realise his was petrol It is the idler just below and between the alternator and tensioner ? T36151

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
idler

Didn't realise his was petrol It is the idler just below and between the alternator and tensioner ? T36151 the nut and washer and stud still there roller/idler gone ?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Haynes mentions that the alternator lower front mounting bolt also carries the auxiliary drivebelt idler pulley and so I assume if you remove that bolt the pulley will come off with it. What does T36151 mean in context to this problem?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
idler /drive belt

Thanks that is right enough about the alternator mount, the number was the gates idler part number. Luckily for me the AA came out and sorted it for me, but need a battery ? surely a battery costing £136 should last more than 5 years ?

·
2,632 Posts
Hi...glad the idler is sorted..but if you want to get info on your battery ..perhaps a 'new thread' would be good(thread drifting) and explain why the 'aa' changed the battery...ie..flat..old.. because he wanted too...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts