Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the idle speed be changed in planet? Mates just bought a 307 hdi and the idle speed is just a little low and could do with speeding up.

D

·
0 Posts
i'd say its not the alternator. It may be the alternator belt tensioner. I'd say the belt is passed its best and has stretched and the tensioner cannot take up the slack. You then get a flapping type noise from it.
There is a procedure to tension these belts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll let him know pal, for the cost of a belt it's worth changing it to rule it out if it doesn't solve it.

J

·
0 Posts
What is the idle speed supposed to be on 307 HDi 110's? Mine is around 800/900 but whenever in neutral or clutch is in (slow moving traffic etc.) it seems to "chug" so to speak. It'll idle nice then jutter a little. even if it's warmed up and just sat there it will do that. My 306 diesel didn't so I'm a little concerned.

S

·
0 Posts
Same on a 2.0 HDI 90

Idles at 850 ish but chugs like a maniac, can even increase revs up to about 1100 and it still chugs! (its a nightmare if you are dying for the tioilet!!)

Never really concerned me though, ignorance is bliss in my case!!

J

·
0 Posts
Hmm. Let me know if it becomes a problem cos it doesnt seem right to me. My 306 never did that. Was sound! Icing on the cake is my car doesnt like starting hot! Takes longer to start, and with a lot more fuss, when its already had a run out! Cold starts are fine. But nooooooo not when its warm.

Wonder if its linked...

S

·
0 Posts
Mines the other way, if its even 1 degree in the minus it cranks forever!

I can stop and restart it instantly, but that initial fire is a right pain!!

The judder has been occuring for well over a year and its not showing signs of getting worse so i wouldnt worry!

I know what you mean about the 306's being sweet though, engine wise mine was as sweet as a nut even after 6 years of my abuse, in the end it was bodywork and other bits that let it down! :( easily one of peugeots finer moments though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts