Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i bought a new to me 307 1.4 16v 2005 as a run about. it had a oil leak from head so i did the gasket. it ran a little lumpy at idle when cold beforehand now after i did the gasket it idles at 1500rpm all the time and runs a little jumpy also. ive tried a 02 sensor, coil pack plugs, unplugged the maf sensor no different and a trottle body. checked for air leaks. there are no engine lights on, fuel consumption is ok, doesnt over heat. need help. i had it plugged into a launcher scanner and i noticed a few things from the live data it shows the coolant to be at minus 37 degrees f and the car is well hot. the accellerator positon is in minus figures. dunno what to do now. i double checked the timing but maybe maybe i didnt get it right. can people direct me in the right direction please

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thanks for the reply. i disconnected the temp sen to see would it help it didnt. i wonder would a bad sensor make it idle at 1500 rpm ? . i though if i dis the sensor it would just set the fuel at some ambient temp and it would run ok but i dont know

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill research how to test the sensor and if i can tell whether its busted ill get a scrappie one and replace,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts