Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

Thank god I have found this forum! I have been going mad with frustration here.

I am trying to replace the idle control valve in my 2005 1.4 307 petrol.

Any ideas (In terms a 3 year old can understand :p) where this might be located?

I heard it is bolted to the back on the inlet manifold, but I don't know what / where that is either. Trying to learn a bit more about my engine by getting stuck in, but this is making me want to tear my hair out!!

Any replies will be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Lee

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hehe. We've all been beginners at some point don't worry.

Your inlet manifold is where your petrol/air gets in to your engine.
On an engine you have two manifolds, one inlet, one exhaust.

Hmm, how to explain what they are, basically the 2 biggest bits on your engine, thats them.
The inlet one will generally be at the back of the engine (or whichever is your inlet side) and will have the air intake going into it along with your fuel injectors bolted to it. I can't believe I'm having such problems explaining this, lol. It really is basic, hang on, i'll get a picture.

Here we go, first one I found, now its a V6 but you should still get the point.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ford_Cologne_V6_2.9_left.jpg
See the rusty bit, thats the exhaust manifold, this is where all exhaust fumes will leave each chamber and go down into one exhaust.
Now the inlet manifold is on the opposite side of the engine, on this one you can see its the big silver cast iron looking piece, those 2 giant holes at the front of it is where the air intake would be going into via the throttle body (the bit right at the end of that with a little V shaped thing on the side, thats what controls your accelleration).

Your idle air control valve, I couldn't tell you exactly where it is sorry, not experienced enough in these cars yet plus I have a Diesel. I'm sure someone who has been here a bit longer will know but hopefully that tells you what an inlet manifold is.

·
Registered
196 Posts
frustrated307 said:
Hi there!

Thank god I have found this forum! I have been going mad with frustration here.

I am trying to replace the idle control valve in my 2005 1.4 307 petrol.

Any ideas (In terms a 3 year old can understand :p) where this might be located?

I heard it is bolted to the back on the inlet manifold, but I don't know what / where that is either. Trying to learn a bit more about my engine by getting stuck in, but this is making me want to tear my hair out!!

Any replies will be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Lee

have you found it yet? if not let me no and i will have a look for you tonight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts