Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought a section for idle chit-chat and things of no relevance may be useful for anyone with any questions about anything or just a place to share thoughts or problems or just for fun to make us smile.

I'll kick the ball off in the next post as I have a question......

Al. :thumb:

UPDATE: I should have posted this in the general 'Off Topic' section so I've moved it over there.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/off-topic-3/bt-youview-214642/#post1368490

Thanks to craiglucky for his reply. Al.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BT YouView

I'm thinking of switching from Sky TV to BT YouView but wondered whether my idea to send the signal around the house will work.

At the moment I send the Sky box signal around via the aerial coax which goes to a distribution booster/splitter in the loft.

The YouView Plus box doesn't have a built in modulator so my plan is to connect the main TV via the HDMI output then use the Scart output on the box to connect to an RF Modulator to convert the signal for the RF Coax up to the loft etc.

Question is; does the signal from the YouView Plus box get sent via both HDMI and Scart simultaneously, or do you have to switch the box from one output to the other?

Has anyone had any success setting their YouView Plus box up in this way and do you get a decent picture?

Many thanks. Al.

NB: This has all come about due to yet another price increase from Sky. The price goes up and the repeats get more and more and the rubbish programmes we hardly ever watch get worse. BT TV Entertainment Plus, with a few items added like Kids and HD extra, seems to cover all the main programmes we watch.

I can also add Sky Sports 1 & 2 in HD plus the Sky Movies and it still works out far cheaper.

I switched my phone and broadband this week from Sky to BT and the speed has already improved. On day two of the switch I'm already getting 35Mbps and they say it should get better after about three days. The cost is about the same but I now get all the BT Sports channels in HD included.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I did the exact same thing a year or so ago, although I haven't taken the signal anywhere other than the living room. I thought I'd miss sky but I haven't. Ive downloaded Moviebox on my phone for the series that I can't get on BT

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aha, that means the signal is sent from both HDMI and Scart simultaneously and doesn't need switching between outputs.

Looks like I'll be getting BT YouView then....although at the moment they did me deal to stop me leaving and so I'll stay with Sky a few months longer.

Thank you for that. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I thought a section for idle chit-chat and things of no relevance may be useful for anyone with any questions about anything or just a place to share thoughts or problems or just for fun to make us smile.
There is already a section for chit-chat, it's called "Off-topic". You can discuss anything on there.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is already a section for chit-chat, it's called "Off-topic". You can discuss anything on there.

Aha, yes. Found it.

I only tend to read the 308 (2014-) section so I never noticed it.

Looks like I'm missing a lot by having this as my shortcut.

Thanks for the 'heads up'.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Aha, yes. Found it.

I only tend to read the 308 (2014-) section so I never noticed it.

Looks like I'm missing a lot by having this as my shortcut.

Thanks for the 'heads up'.

My pleasure, there's some interesting stuff on there. Enjoy:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts