Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a PEUGEOT 207 SW S 1.6 VTI 120 1598cc AUTOMATIC
According to handbook the RD4 should play MP3 files - BUT NOT!
Apparently there are 3 types of RD4 - Type N1, N2 and N3 - the N1 does not play mp3.
How do I know which model type I have - does it tell you anywhere in the menu. If I ease out the unit to read the info on the back will I break its electrical connection thus having to pay to have it setup by dealer OR are there cable extentions
regards

·
Registered
55 Posts
SNAPPER said:
Hi
I have a PEUGEOT 207 SW S 1.6 VTI 120 1598cc AUTOMATIC
According to handbook the RD4 should play MP3 files - BUT NOT!
Apparently there are 3 types of RD4 - Type N1, N2 and N3 - the N1 does not play mp3.
How do I know which model type I have - does it tell you anywhere in the menu. If I ease out the unit to read the info on the back will I break its electrical connection thus having to pay to have it setup by dealer OR are there cable extentions
regards
If you want to play MP3's through your radio you can always get an FM transmitter.
I have load of songs on my iphone, i just connect to the FM transmitter via bluetooth and out they come from the radio.

It also has the advantage that you do not have some wizzy radio that some ;light fingered litte oik would like to lay his hands on

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi

You will need radio keys to remove the radio (and you may have to remove other sections of the dash to remove it). Disconnecting the power at the radio shouldn't cause problems - the car/radio match, is set by the CAN system.

As far as I am aware, all the MP3 radios have that logo central on the front (above the CD slot).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.