Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since picking up my car, I've noticed that an orange icon is appearing lit steady, on the instrument panel whenever I park my car on my drive. The icon looks similar to the distance alert/active safety brake, but not exactly. I always park close to my garage door. See photo attached showing the orange icon on the right of the panel.

I noticed it again the other day at work when manoeuvring the car forward and then back into a space, the icon was showing on the dash. During normal driving, I don't see it.

I've checked the manual and can't quite figure it out, as it's not flashing or accompanied by any other noises or errors. Pushing the spanner icon on the right of the instrument panel, says no fault. The distance alert/active safety is enabled in the settings menu.

I think it may just be the lower radar or forward vision windscreen camera can't see far enough ahead (as I'm parked very close to the door) and hence the icon appears to alert you.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
Is this the park assist logo ?
Do you have front facing camera ?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is this the park assist logo ?
Do you have front facing camera ?
No I don't have the front camera in the front grille (Visio Park 2 360).

It doesn't cause any issues really, but it's odd how the icon comes up in particular circumstances.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.

The icon in the handbook (as you've posted) is very similar to the one in my photo, but it's not exactly the same.

I think what I'll do tomorrow is to take the car out and then use a cloth to cover the camera at the top of the windscreen and see if the icon appears. At least I'll know it related to that perhaps.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had the same. Its to warn you active safety braking is disabled. Will do it when seatbelt isnt plugged in.

Basically it wont slam on the brakes for you if you dont clunk click for every trip. Next time you notice it, plug the seatbelt in and it should go out.

Perfectly normal in those circumstances.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks very much for that.

On the occasions that the icon appears, I have indeed had my belt unclipped, to stop the start/stop kicking in as I manoeuvre on my drive, very close to my garage door.

Cheers :thumb:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I wish the handbook explained these things more clearly, or actually covered some of them at all. If you locked a dozen chimps in a room with a laptop, printer, and some felt tip pens, they could probably come up with something better, and clearer than what Peugeot supply with the 3008.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wish the handbook explained these things more clearly, or actually covered some of them at all. If you locked a dozen chimps in a room with a laptop, printer, and some felt tip pens, they could probably come up with something better, and clearer than what Peugeot supply with the 3008.
Absolutely agree.

I've had my car for a little while now, and I still cannot fathom out profiles. The manual doesn't help at all.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Clearly, there should be a "disable start/stop" button next to headlight adjustments by the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
There is a button on most 3008's, but not in the UK. No doubt to cut down on emissions by not making it that easy, but could be dangerous if you go fiddling around in screen settings whilst driving.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just been out in my car and dropped someone who was sitting in the front seat off. As soon as they unbuckled their front passenger seatbelt, on goes the amber active safety brake warning light.

Great to have such a quick response and confirmed answer.

Ta.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts