Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could I ask for assistance in getting definitive answer to 2 niggling problems I am having.

Voice Mode Button on steering wheel Is the small black indentation next to it a LED which should light up when activated, 2 members have answered previously in a different thread. One has said it is a LED and the other a microphone. Mine does not light up when activated.

SOS Button: I thought I would test to see if it works. Carried test out i.a.w page 82 of handbook. "with ignition on (engine not started) press SOS button. It should flash green 3 times if connected to system and flash red if not connected". Mine flashed red, so I think defective. Of course I did not want to check it with engine running by pushing button incase all hell broke loose and sirens everywhere :lol:

Obliged if someone can let me know if it is LED and lights up when voice activated

also if I am testing the SOS button correctly.

Many thanks

3008 ALLURE I.2 PETROL AUTO

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
It's a LED, but it doesn't "light up when activated". It should light up when you turn on the exterior lights.
BTW, you have another voice button on top of the left stalk.

The SOS button has an internal SIM card, so you might need to wait some seconds, in a good reception area, before testing that button. When you turn the engine on, does it flash red?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rue.Saraiva
Thanks for reply.
Have engine running with headlights on
LED "NOT" lit up. Can not understand why that would light up to show exterior lights on as it shows that on heads up display.

Again with engine running SOS button flashes red then goes off. Does that mean that it is not connected ?

I do not appear to be any further:confused:

3008 ALLURE 1.2 PETROL AUTO ULTIMATE RED

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I pressed and held my SOS button for a few seconds with the engine running, the light turned green and it connected me to an English operator, I then explained that it was a mistake and she was very good about it saying that she receives many similar calls per day from people trying out their new car features. So at least it works!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have just been very brave and did as you suggested and as you said, an English speaking gent answered quite quickly and I apologised profusely. He laughed and said the novelty will wear off. So many thanks to you.

Can you help any with this LED?? by voice mode switch on steering wheel, what happens in yr 3008, does it come on when voice mode activated or is it as Rue.Saraiva said in that it works when you switch exterior lights on.

I have tried both and nothing happens

Many thanks

3008 ALLURE 1.2 PETROL AUTO ULTIMATE RED BLACK DIAMOND ROOF

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
To be honest, I have never noticed the LED come on at all day or night and I do regularly use voice commands for navigation. I didn't even know there was an LED there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think you will find that it is not associated with the voice switch nor is it a LED, it is just a symbol indicating that the adjacent rolling control is for switching between the various stored screen layouts. Driving, Navigation, Dials etc.

Mike

But I have been known to be wrong!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Like mshhal said, it's just an icon. It is backlit (subtle white glow) when the lights are on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mike and Moo

My Dealer believes as you that it is not an LED, I have never seen it come on myself. I originally thought it was a microphone. Anyway it doesn't affect anything so lets see if any other ideas come up.

Thanks to you both

3008 ALLURE 1.2 PETROL AUTO ULTIMATE RED BLACK DIAMOND ROOF

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Steering wheel LED problem solved, well done Rui.Saraiva. The secret to this little light is as Rui said "it only comes on when it is dark and your exterior lights are on. Mine works fine but can't see point of it really. Thank you to all who contributed :thumb:. Great forum!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts