Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New poster so good day to all.

I have a new 207 HDi Sport with RNEG.

The problem I have is that it seems that there is no bluetooth functionality for my i-phone's i-pod app. The phone part works ok but nothing else.

This seems bizarre for such a high-end piece of kit (price wise at least!).

A £ 50 bluetooth radio purchased from Aldi had i-phone i-pod app compatibility with crystal clear audio.

The Sat Nav database is also surprisingly lacking in accuracy and content.

Does anyone know of any firmware updates that can fix these glitches?

Cheers,

Taffski

G

·
You're buggered. The industry standard is bluetooth 2.0, and over 95% of phones now use this. The iPhone is compatible with sod all. One of the reasons I gave mine to my daughter and reverted to my Spackberry. It's a bit crap that an expensive high end product like the iBone works with virtually nothing other than Apples own products - that's an issue with Apple rather than Peugeot, who use industry standard fuel, oil, tyres etc.

Dunno if you might get lucky and find an App that'llmake it work.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
you could just hack the iphone firmware...put custom firmware over the top and should work like you want...but this voids your warrenty like crazy. once you do it there is no going back, normally.

you can find loads on google. :thumb:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yep, jailbreaking your iphone is the way to go. Look on youtube to find easy guides to follow.

I have an iphone and it wont even connect to my apple macbook via bluetooth. Only works with headsets, connects my tomtom fine for handsfree....:thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Effing amazing.........a £ 49.95 Plug'n'Play Blue tooth Radio/CD from Aldi works perfectly with i-Phone, with exceptional Bluetooth i-pod functionality, yet over £ 700 worth of 'cutting edge' audio equipment won't have it.

Cheers for the heads up guys, I'll have a look around You Tube and Google.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts