Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, everybody! I'm new to this wonderful world of Peugeot, so I need you guys expert help!

I just got some offers from my dealer (for a 3008) - I got some GREAT deals on the Allure model as well as on the GT model.

So here is why I'm in difficult position :p

The motor: On the GT it's the 180 EAT6 as you guys already know and on the Allure it's the 1.6 HDI (120 EAT6) - but how are these motors compared? - how is the diesel economy? is the 2.0 VERY bad compared to the 1.6?
- Does one or the other have weaknesses or are they equally reliable?
- Do one need the extra power or is the 1.6 more than enough?

on the GT I get the panoramic roof, is it worth anything or does it only shrink the cabin?

- Is it possible to buy the exhaust chrometips and window'chrome' aftermarket for the allure?

Is there anything I should know about one or the other? .. what would you guys do?

and just FYI (they are spec. with EVERYTHING - except for the panoramic roof, that's only on the GT) :)

HELP MEEEEE! :p

·
Registered
204 Posts
The motor: On the GT it's the 180 EAT6 as you guys already know and on the Allure it's the 1.6 HDI (120 EAT6) - but how are these motors compared? - how is the diesel economy? is the 2.0 VERY bad compared to the 1.6?

on the GT I get the panoramic roof, is it worth anything or does it only shrink the cabin?
I have the GT model. I originally sought a 1.6l GT Line, however when all the extras I wanted had been added to the GT Line, the GT through the PCP option was better value.

I'm getting around 50mpg on long journeys from the 2.0l engine and around 40mpg on shorter ones - so not bad but of course not quite as high as the 1.6l engine. Pressing the sport button will of course lower the mpg further.. I don't use my one much!

the GT engine has plenty of punch and am very happy with it - it also has adaptive cruise control which for me is a huge plus point in its favour.

as far as reliability is concerned I have no bad experiences, but have only owed mine a month or so!

The panoramic roof is fine from a space point of view - no problems in front or rear seats. It also looks very nice in the dark with the blue lighting :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hi, everybody! I'm new to this wonderful world of Peugeot, so I need you guys expert help!

I just got some offers from my dealer (for a 3008) - I got some GREAT deals on the Allure model as well as on the GT model.

So here is why I'm in difficult position :p

- Is it possible to buy the exhaust chrometips and window'chrome' aftermarket for the allure?

Is there anything I should know about one or the other? .. what would you guys do?

and just FYI (they are spec. with EVERYTHING - except for the panoramic roof, that's only on the GT) :)

I was in the position to borrow the GT 180 EAT6 demonstrator for a day and over night before my Allure 1.6 BlueHDi 120 EAT6 was ready.

The 2.0 BlueHDi 180 has more oomph (180bhp and 400Nm) is more effortless but the 1.6 BlueHDi 120 (120bhp and 300Nm) has enough for most use including motorway with people + luggage. I've now done over 700 miles in it, including a trip to france. The 1.6 is slower to accelerate but is fine.

My Allure/GT/Allure/GT thread at the time: http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/3008-2017-138/well-allure-gt-allure-gt-258817/

I have the LED light pack and the 8 way electric leather seat interior but I didn't take the panoramic roof.

Economy-wise I'll get 45+mpg in town and 67mpg or so on the cruise control on the motorway for 80+ miles trip.

You get normal cruise control with the Allure which is only lacks the auto speed adjust vs the car ahead. The visio 2 pack has a front camera which is good for looking at close spaces however the visio 1 pack has front parking sensors which are pretty good. Other than I don't actually really mind not having the 'copper dials' as I use Nav mode all the time and the sports mode is good for sorting out the acceleration if needed.

Is the 180 better.. yes it's more effortless and less noisy at higher revs. However those mpg is good for my wallet and it will sit quietly at 70mph. 130kmh in france is a little noisier and the 2.0 will be better if you're cruising at that. When I mean noise I mean the 1.6 sounds a little more treble, more nasal 'aa' compared to the 2.0.

I came from a Mk2 Focus 1.8 TDCI with titanium trim. The 3008 has less weight and more power. If there was a couple of things I think Peugeot could have done - one being adding more sound dampening to the engine. It's not really apparent except accelerating as the EAT6 will drop down the gears quickly to keep the engine revs low.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's nice! and 40-50 mpg is not bad ^^

- The allure I can get is the one with EVERYTHING except the panoramic roof, so it has the adaptive CC, LED etc. :)

- Btw. is the adaptive CC able to go all the way down to 0 (in a motorway que for example) and then go back to set speed? :)

I have the GT model. I originally sought a 1.6l GT Line, however when all the extras I wanted had been added to the GT Line, the GT through the PCP option was better value.

I'm getting around 50mpg on long journeys from the 2.0l engine and around 40mpg on shorter ones - so not bad but of course not quite as high as the 1.6l engine. Pressing the sport button will of course lower the mpg further.. I don't use my one much!

the GT engine has plenty of punch and am very happy with it - it also has adaptive cruise control which for me is a huge plus point in its favour.

as far as reliability is concerned I have no bad experiences, but have only owed mine a month or so!

The panoramic roof is fine from a space point of view - no problems in front or rear seats. It also looks very nice in the dark with the blue lighting :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's really good info ... I'm not doing insane speeds, so I think the 1.6 would be enough for me - but with the GT I also get alcantara seats and all those little extras, I don't know if it's worth it though....

Could you feel any real difference in the economy? or didn't you drive the 2.0 enough to really see anything? :)

I was in the position to borrow the GT 180 EAT6 demonstrator for a day and over night before my Allure 1.6 BlueHDi 120 EAT6 was ready.

The 2.0 BlueHDi 180 has more oomph (180bhp and 400Nm) is more effortless but the 1.6 BlueHDi 120 (120bhp and 300Nm) has enough for most use including motorway with people + luggage. I've now done over 700 miles in it, including a trip to france. The 1.6 is slower to accelerate but is fine.

My Allure/GT/Allure/GT thread at the time: http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/3008-2017-138/well-allure-gt-allure-gt-258817/

I have the LED light pack and the 8 way electric leather seat interior but I didn't take the panoramic roof.

Economy-wise I'll get 45+mpg in town and 67mpg or so on the cruise control on the motorway for 80+ miles trip.

You get normal cruise control with the Allure which is only lacks the auto speed adjust vs the car ahead. The visio 2 pack has a front camera which is good for looking at close spaces however the visio 1 pack has front parking sensors which are pretty good. Other than I don't actually really mind not having the 'copper dials' as I use Nav mode all the time and the sports mode is good for sorting out the acceleration if needed.

Is the 180 better.. yes it's more effortless and less noisy at higher revs. However those mpg is good for my wallet and it will sit quietly at 70mph. 130kmh in france is a little noisier and the 2.0 will be better if you're cruising at that. When I mean noise I mean the 1.6 sounds a little more treble, more nasal 'aa' compared to the 2.0.

I came from a Mk2 Focus 1.8 TDCI with titanium trim. The 3008 has less weight and more power. If there was a couple of things I think Peugeot could have done - one being adding more sound dampening to the engine. It's not really apparent except accelerating as the EAT6 will drop down the gears quickly to keep the engine revs low.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've had GT just over 1 week.
Very impressed with engine and gearbox.
Done just over 430 miles mostly town driving short journeys plus two fifty mile trips.
Very happy with current combined 47.7 mpg .

I could never get anything close to this with previous range rover evoque plus it's 9 speed auto always seemed to be looking to change gear too easily while the 3008 box seems more relaxed .

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow - 47.7 mpg. thats crazy :O ... do you try to drive economically or is it just "normal" driving? :)

I've had GT just over 1 week.
Very impressed with engine and gearbox.
Done just over 430 miles mostly town driving short journeys plus two fifty mile trips.
Very happy with current combined 47.7 mpg .

I could never get anything close to this with previous range rover evoque plus it's 9 speed auto always seemed to be looking to change gear too easily while the 3008 box seems more relaxed .

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
My app is showing 47 mpg over 822 miles including 400 miles single trip and numerous short local journeys. Not sure I believe the figures and am waiting until my next fill up to check the actual value.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
47 is :thumb: if the app tells the truth :p

- It seems like the 1.6 isn't that much more efficient than the 2.0?

My app is showing 47 mpg over 822 miles including 400 miles single trip and numerous short local journeys. Not sure I believe the figures and am waiting until my next fill up to check the actual value.

·
Registered
420 Posts

I recommend you try the 120hp diesel first. I tried one before I ordered my GT-Line with 1,6 petrol, and the 120hp diesel was way to slow for me. It's really slow, which is not suitable for my driving style (mostly on motorways and fast B-roads). I have a need for speed :lol:

The panoramic roof is not just for shrinking the cabin :lol:, it also gives you very nice looking LED-lights in the rear cabin (you have one LED-stripe on each side of the panoramic roof) and gives a more welcoming atmosphere in the otherwise dark interior. I really like how premium the white seats look with panoramic roof.

But please remember that the standard specifications are country specific. A lot of the questions people ask here about whether or not they should pick options are not relevant for me (in Norway) because it's standard equipment, so if you are from Denmark (as I noticed someone mention) you might want to check out the standard equipment on peugeot.dk. E.g. LED lights are available as standard from Allure trim, and heated seats are obviously standard in every trim and seat combination in Norway.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The panoramic roof is not just for shrinking the cabin :lol:, it also gives you very nice looking LED-lights in the rear cabin (you have one LED-stripe on each side of the panoramic roof) and gives a more welcoming atmosphere in the otherwise dark interior. I really like how premium the white seats look with panoramic roof.
Good point about equipment being country-specific. Here in Finland we get LEDs with Allure as standard, which is nice. OP: Can't you take the panoramic roof with the Allure? Or you just didn't think it was worth it (it's not cheap, I agree)?

My Allure (1.6 diesel, plenty fast enough for me, but then again I'm not going to race against anyone :D ) is going to arrive with a pano roof and the white interior in July... I believe GT is not available with white interior at all.

Adaptive cruise control is only available on GT here. Pretty much everything else you can get in the allure. I did not take Visio park 2. Would have liked to have reversing camera without Visio park 2, but that's not available in Finland like it is in some other countries. The seats of course are always heated here, but I took the ones with electric adjustments and massage function. You'll need to have the electric seats if you want the seat extension for extra thigh support.

It could be that whole Scandinavia and Finland have the same equipment levels? GT Line is not sold here though.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Adaptive cruise control is only available on GT here. Pretty much everything else you can get in the allure. I did not take Visio park 2. Would have liked to have reversing camera without Visio park 2, but that's not available in Finland like it is in some other countries. The seats of course are always heated here, but I took the ones with electric adjustments and massage function. You'll need to have the electric seats if you want the seat extension for extra thigh support.

It could be that whole Scandinavia and Finland have the same equipment levels? GT Line is not sold here though.
I thought Peugeot considered us to be the same market, but you say you have Visio park 2 as option, no GT-Line and ACC only on GT, then we don't. I can't choose any Visio park. In fact I don't even know what it is. And GT-Line is available with ACC (optional). Edit: it could be that the base cars are the same in the Nordic region, but we import different trims and have other names for the options.

We have reverse camera (I have it on my order) and 360 degree camera, but they are not part of any pack that I'm aware of.

Kind of OT: what kind of parking heater do you have in Finland? I wanted the Eberspächer Web, but I could only get it with Eberspächer SIM (and offline timer).

·
Registered
158 Posts
We have reverse camera (I have it on my order) and 360 degree camera, but they are not part of any pack that I'm aware of.

Kind of OT: what kind of parking heater do you have in Finland? I wanted the Eberspächer Web, but I could only get it with Eberspächer SIM (and offline timer).
Visio Park 2 is 360 camera + park assist. It's not called Visio park in Finland either, but that's the same thing. I just wanted the 180 degree rear camera, but it's either the park assist 360 or no camera on Allure.

My understanding is that car comes out of the factory precabled for a Webasto Thermo Top EVO 5. The service box says for another car in Finland : "Additional heater equipment and automatic+programmable engine running and off or additional heater equipment and vehicle with additional heating pre-equipment
A) Item to be ordered directly from Webasto"

In that sense I find it interesting that you're being offered an Eberspächer.

Personally I'm probably just going to install a Defa myself for 5% of the cost of the Webasto.

·
Registered
420 Posts
My understanding is that car comes out of the factory precabled for a Webasto Thermo Top EVO 5.
Interesting. I actually asked for Webasto (because I'm used to that brand from the army), but in Norway they offer Eberspächer only. They install it at the dealers place when the car arrives. Weird if the car is precabled for Webasto from the factory.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Interesting. I actually asked for Webasto (because I'm used to that brand from the army), but in Norway they offer Eberspächer only. They install it at the dealers place when the car arrives. Weird if the car is precabled for Webasto from the factory.
Terribly sorry OP for getting off-topic here - I'll promise to stop here :) .

I've attached a screen shot from the Service Box. Basically I checked the details of one demo car of one car dealer. It seems that the car has the other parts installed, but parts 1, 2, 8 and 30 must be ordered from Webasto. You've got the part numbers there as well, if you want to talk to your dealer...

EDIT: Bloody forum scaled down my image, see http://imgur.com/a/EEBye instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, I know it's different from country to country, but the models I have to choose from is.

Allure 1.6 120 HDI EAT6
LED
Driver assist pack
AGR seats
Focal
DAB+
Wireless charger
Open & go
Navigation
Black roof + mirrors
Visio pack 3

and the GT with everything like the allure but with
Panoramicroof
Alcantara seats (wood or alcantara dashboard)
All the chrome trim
i-cockpit amplify
and such... (GT trim) :p

But they are pretty much the same except the roof, details (chrome) and amplify :))

The total price of the car with the options I have chosen is around 620.000 DKK and I got a deal so the total amount will be 525.000 DKK .... a 95.000 DKK discount is pretty good eh ? ;D

I recommend you try the 120hp diesel first. I tried one before I ordered my GT-Line with 1,6 petrol, and the 120hp diesel was way to slow for me. It's really slow, which is not suitable for my driving style (mostly on motorways and fast B-roads). I have a need for speed :lol:

But please remember that the standard specifications are country specific. A lot of the questions people ask here about whether or not they should pick options are not relevant for me (in Norway) because it's standard equipment, so if you are from Denmark (as I noticed someone mention) you might want to check out the standard equipment on peugeot.dk. E.g. LED lights are available as standard from Allure trim, and heated seats are obviously standard in every trim and seat combination in Norway.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.