Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a dumb problem.

I let my car run out of power, and key/lock is not working. I have for the last three days been spraying oil and wd-40 in and around the keyhole, but no luck.

So I need to get into my car, or open the hood so I can charge the battery and unlock it. I'm driving it 3 km to be scrapped, so I am willing to do damage to get in.

Any ideas? I guess I can break a window, but would prefer not to. I have been considering drilling a hole in the front bumber to unlock the latch..

·
8,438 Posts
What engine if its one with a front mounted starter motor you can often jack up car and connect jump leads or charger to starter motor power feed and a good earth point

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a 2.0 hdi 136, I think the starter motor is in the back. But I can probably rip out the liner inside the front wheel and see if I can reached something. Maybe even the bonnet release cable.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been meaning to post the solution to this for anyone who needs it. I drilled a hole to the right of the lion and used a metal rod to push on the mechanism. In an emergency I think this is a decent solution, as the lion emblem can be replaced to cover up the hole.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Mierin, I wish I'd known that when I disconnected the battery on my 307 and then shut the bonnet. I managed to crawl underneath and release the bonnet, but drilling a hole that will be covered seems a great idea.

Roger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts