Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I've not been around here for a while, my 407 has been running sweet and I have a good garage (if somewhat distant) that saves me having to crawl underneath. At 75, that needs to be avoided where possible! Sadly, my wife passed away recently and her 2003 206 has come up for the French MOT. They found two codes up and failed it. I cleared the codes and have run the car extensively for the last month without the codes (P0130 & P0136) showing up again.
The problem appears to be that all the i/m monitors but one are showing 'unfinished' despite my attempts at completing the drive cycle three times. The only one showing 'finished' is the 'Oxygen sensor heater monitoring ready'. I did get four to the 'finished' status, but next time I scanned it three had gone back to 'unfinished' and only the 'O2 sensor heater monitoring' seems permanent. The two codes refer to "Oxygen sensor circuit/heater (Bank 1, Sensor 1)" & "Oxygen sensor circuit/Heater (Bank 1, sensor 2)."
I'm confused and it's driving me nuts. Any of you code experts out there able to wise me up? It'd be much appreciated.
According to the MOT it's a 206 5P XLI. 1.4 Petrol Hatchback.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One thing I forgot to mention, the CEL on the dash was not illuminated by the two codes. Had it been I would have tried to sort it sooner. I was amazed when the MOT guy said it was showing two codes. The light is on with ignition but goes off shortly after the engine fires up, just as it should. I put a scanner on when I got it home and the codes showed up. I cleared them and they've never come back, but the i/m monitors stubbornly remain unfinished despite three 'drive cycles', using a generic version as I've no idea what a 2003 206 drive cycle should be.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there no-one out there can give me any advice? This car was tested two years ago and passed with no problems. Since then it has done only 700 miles and been garaged most of the time. It runs great, shows no more codes in over 100 miles, but the I/M monitors refuse to complete, or stay completed. Help, please!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts