Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all a long story but I hit a curb quite hard in my 2001 307 HDI XSI totaly knackered the wheel and tyre anyway it has also done some more damage that I need to fix.

Ok after hitting the curb and putting the spare on the next day I am left with a wheel that is pushed right back onto the under arch by the passenger door I cant even get a full steering lock to the right because the wheel tries to literaly come through the arch.

I have had a good look round to see whats bent and the only thing I can see wrong is the bottom lower wishbone has its center rubber mounting poped out.

I was wondering if anyone could point me as what else to look at or check the track rod end seems fine but I am unsure about the suspension i am not sure if thats bent.

Also if I take the wishbone off can I simply hammer the metal and rubber center mount back in or would I need a new wishbone.

Any advice apreciated

·
5,830 Posts
At a minimum i would replace the complete lower wishbone and visually check the rest for obvious damage (fresh flaked paint, cracks, leaks bends).

Once new wishbone fitted get a full tracking check done as this should identify if strut is damaged as camber will be out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts