Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only gone and reversed the car into a small wall - massive crack in the rear bumper (no other damage).

Any 1 no how easy or not it is to replace a rear bumper?

Bloody 307 - its been nothing but trouble.

·
Registered
84 Posts
clanless said:
After reversing into another car :eek: we got ours repaired through the insurance. The bill would have been about a thousand Euros for the parts, paint and labour.

clanless said:
Bloody 307 - its been nothing but trouble.
Amen to that! I once read a list of faults common to the 307 (on an Aussie Peugeot website) - it like a checklist for ours! :mad: The only thing it hasn't done is burst into flames (which happened with about half a dozen or so 307s!)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
clanless said:
sorry to hear about this mate you can 2 ways from here, claim through your insurance and just pay the excess and bare the brunt on your next renewall or you can pick the part up, painted to your car or not, from a peugeot dealership but i have seen and heard its expensive to get them to paint it - not much ££ for the part. if it is anything like the front bumper it will only be a few screws, push pins and clips.

id check the service box website, put your vin in and look at body parts and see what the cost is for it alone. then work out if you are going to paint it or let the "pros" as they call themselves do it.

alloydog said:
Amen to that! I once read a list of faults common to the 307 (on an Aussie Peugeot website) - it like a checklist for ours! :mad: The only thing it hasn't done is burst into flames (which happened with about half a dozen or so 307s!)
the only problem i had with mine was a stupid little squeek and once every year after snow the ABS fault will reoccur. then i rolled it...fun times :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
I myself would get it up to a standard of repair that you are happy with yourself

Then when it comes to selling look at buying a new one or one from a breakers

I think my front one came from ebay, just looked for one that was the same colour that was being broken for spares :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
I'd probably look to see if a car is up for breaking on ebay or your local salvage site. As long as it isn't some exotic rare colour you should be fine. Apparently it's simple to replace bodywork so that'd be my advice. I don't know how i've formatted my thread layout so apologies if I'm repeating stuff.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks chaps.

I've had a gork on the service box site - and it looks like half a dozen bolts.

I'll go down the fleabay route - I'm not fanatical about the appearance of the car - but I do want it look reasonably tidy. Especially when its parked next to the posh bms in the works car park.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a new bumper in correct colour for £106 notes delivered.

Seems reasonable - but will probably make the rest of the car look like a right shed. Hey ho.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here we go again. Fence panel whipped off by the high winds and has gouged a 6 inch gash in the middle of the previously pristine bonnet.

Still at least the car has been running these last few months without problem.

MGZT ere I cum

·
Registered
481 Posts
MGZT - at least get the BMW diesel engined model , they still make parts for them ! (engine that is!)

I remember in 2006-7 after they (Rover) went bust working for a major nationwide accident repair centre. As bonnets were no longer available and someone had jumped on said £12k car bonnet we were authorised to bid on one on ebay. We finally won it at £970 with delivery !!

Check parts situation first ,insurers put the premiums up accordingly on Rover/MG due to parts issues , especially as they were writing off 3 year old cars for minor repairs as doors were not available !

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Point taken.

In my view they are the most fantastic looking car on the roads. I still drool when I see one.

But anyway - back to reality - I'm looking at getting a lease car from work (NOT a peugeot), more than likely a car with a high residual value such as Volvo, BM, Merc etc.

I'm sick of this shyte 307 breaking down all the time, so will just have to slum it in a new BM - if it breaks down someone else can foot the bill.

Another positive for a new lease car - the mpg is phenominal - a Volvo can match or exceed the mpg on my diesel 307. Nuff said I think.

·
Registered
481 Posts
ZT is a great car , id have one at the right money but then im on a traders policy so they couldnt hit me with a big premium.

Always loved Rover's no matter what anyone says the 620Ti was a cracking car , performance and comfort and it looked right :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
1,748 Posts
Point taken.

In my view they are the most fantastic looking car on the roads. I still drool when I see one.

But anyway - back to reality - I'm looking at getting a lease car from work (NOT a peugeot), more than likely a car with a high residual value such as Volvo, BM, Merc etc.

I'm sick of this shyte 307 breaking down all the time, so will just have to slum it in a new BM - if it breaks down someone else can foot the bill.

Another positive for a new lease car - the mpg is phenominal - a Volvo can match or exceed the mpg on my diesel 307. Nuff said I think.
Hard to beat the Volvos!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts