Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this has me stumped and I've had my garage scratching their head for a few days now, my 207 (2006 1.4 16v with 80,000 miles on it) thrown up an antipollution fault literally the first time I turned the engine on after swapping the air filter for a new one, it also more annoyingly began to run really lumpy revving up dropping off and revving up again before starting to idle at 1500rpm (about 500 rpm higher than normal). Also it smells as if the fuel mixture is off or some fuel isn't being burnt (I was thinking this could be down to a mis fire?) They've tested it for everything like vacuum leaks, crank position sensor, mass air flow sensor, coil pack, spark plugs all to no avail. The mechanic feels it has to be the out dated software on the ecu causing the issue and has told me to go to a main dealer to have them read the fault codes and if needed update the software. Problem is I know they will charge me the earth.
Whilst I do trust these guys and they are a very honest and reputable private garage I can't help but feel that they have gotten to their limit and don't want to spend any more time on the vehicle and have given me this as an excuse to pass the burden on.

I want to stress all these problems kicked off as soon as I changed the air filter, and before anyone asks yes I did put the old filter back to see if that was the cause of the problem.

The codes that they said they are reading off the ECU are:

P0609: Control module VSS Output B malfunction
P0532: Air conditioning pressure sensor, low input
P0106: Manifold pressure, range/performance problem (inconsistency)

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh okay that's great, I'll have a look on there soon to see if there's anyone local who can help.

·
Registered
877 Posts
wonder if its something as simple as the vss sensor, i know on the fords a bad sensor can mess up the ecu settings and cause all sorts of problems, no idea where it is on your engine (gearbox?) or it may be from the abs sensor, but then you would get a abs light on.

would also get the valve timing looked at.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think i would would start by trying to fix the p0106 because p0690 is unpleasant. p0532 could have been there before, might just need a drop of refrigerant 134a.

If you definitely don't have a vacuum leak, then perhaps when changing the air filter a little bit of crud fell down into the air intake pipe and made its way to the map sensor. Maybe have a look at the throttle body when your there.

Live data really would make the problem glaringly obvious.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought that, I was thinking perhaps something had gotten into the throttle body or into the idle control valve. I think I'll buy some throttle body cleaner and try and give it a good clean. As soon as I've got my posts up to 20 I'm going to look at that other posters suggestion and speak to someone of the planet Peugeot thread about using their diagnostic equipment.

I did find something interesting last night, I had a look myself and found that one of the smaller plastic hoses (it plugs directly into the air box right where the air box is sealed to the opening of the throttle body) had quite a large tear in it. Not having a spare to hand I attempted to seal it up with insulation tape. It made no difference but I'm wondering if that's because the codes still need clearing.

Thanks again for the help guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts