Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I loaned my car to a friend but they said the boot wouldn't close so they turned the lock-switch bypass 90 degrees. This then allowed the boot to latch but now I can't get it open.

I've read that there's only 3 options to open There's only 3 ways to open the boot, using the 0 button in the 307 badge on bootlid, using the boot button on your central locking remote control and an actuator test using peugeot planet diagnostic software. The boot lock assembly is electronically actuated so if it is faulty none of these 3 options will work

My open button on central locking on key is broke so can't do that and the screen to open boot via open roof aint in its place

Looked for new key they are £89-198 what can I do as their luggage and bags are still in my boot

·
Registered
441 Posts
My open button on central locking on key is broke so can't do that and the screen to open boot via open roof aint in its place
Could you open the up the key shell and jump the switch with something like a bit of wire or paperclip, 'simulating' a press of the key? At least as a one-time thing...

If you've got someplace locally that does things like mobile phone repairs, they'd probably be able to replace the switch (which can be sourced off eBay) As surface mount components go, it's 'big'

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
There is usually a manual release on the inside of the boot lock. Ypu should be able to access the rear boot area by dropping the rear seats and using a small screwdriver be able to open the boot. The procedure has been covered a few times so should show up using the forum search feature.

As for pressing 'the 0 button in the 307 badge on bootlid' - never heard of that option before

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is usually a manual release on the inside of the boot lock. Ypu should be able to access the rear boot area by dropping the rear seats and using a small screwdriver be able to open the boot. The procedure has been covered a few times so should show up using the forum search feature.

As for pressing 'the 0 button in the 307 badge on bootlid' - never heard of that option before
Hi thanks for your reply I'm going to try this method but it's a 307cc and I'm not sure if I can access boot via seats

The CC has a button in 0 which opens boot but my mate has deadlocked the boot

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does the 307 have a deadlock disable function within the system settings menu on the dash. might be worth a check but could be wrong.

·
Registered
14,646 Posts
Your friend has really left you in the shit the cc boot is very hard to get into unless the boot catch will work.

You cannot get in through the back seat you cannot open the roof as the load cover is not in place !!

You can get the boot catch off by removing the bumper i have done this in the breakers but you will damage the bumper

You can power up the boot catch from wiring on the sill but sounds like your catch is dead so that wont work either.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Strange one. The wife has a 307 cc and can not remember it having a manual deadlock (by over turning the key or double turning) sure there is a option in the settings menu tho for deadlock as it is there to prevent things from being stolen from your boot while in the car with doors unlocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also try holding the unlock button for a few seconds as this deactivates deadlock on some models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts